Monday, December 15, 2008

The car crash By: Melissa Gabourie

Me my mom and my brother (James) were driving along my mom was going to and dropping us off at daycare and just then someone drove in front of us and we crashed as soon as we did I took off my seat belt and jumped into my mom’s lap I was so scared because I was only 4, my brother was 1, so he was in a car seat a few minutes later the police arrived when they got there they had to break the window because the car was so beat up and that just scared me more then they saw me on my mom’s lap and they put me and my mom on a board type thing I didn’t know what was going on I was so scared and I screamed the whole way to the hospital. I would have screamed louder but they put me and my mom right by each other so we could hold hands. When we got to the hospital I was asleep somehow, I woke up and I looked at the doctor, he then said my mom was dead, he also said that my dad should be here in about an hour and asked me "Do you want to see your mom", I nodded "Of course". Then we went over to my mom, and as soon as I saw her I started crying, I went over to her, leaned over her and started crying. I cried until my dad got there, and my dad had to drag me away but we stayed another hour because my dad started crying too. When we got to the waiting room I saw my brother, he then asked "Where is mommy?" We told him but he didn’t understand. Then we got in the car and I asked James what he did that day after I went to sleep he said that he got to the hospital and just played the whole time. When we got home we found the most recent picture we could find and hung it on the wall immediately. Then we went to grandma’s house and everybody’s house so we could tell them the bad news and tell them what had happened as soon as we did they started crying I think that grandma, (mom’s mom) cried the most . We made sure everybody had the most recent picture of her to keep and love her. We still love our mom but life went on. There has been lots of tragedies in my life but this one would have to be the worst tragedy ever because, think about it, I lost my mom and now I don’t have a mom to talk about girl stuff with.

4 comments:

Writer said...

I love your story, so now it is time to read through and put punctuation into it!

Edit and repost! Great start.

Ms. L.

Brooklyn said...

Oh my goodness! How incredibly tragic! I really hope this is highly hyperbolized, is it? You are a pretty good descriptive writer!
~Brooklyn

Writer said...

Wow! You are such a good writer!

Did your mom really die???

I hope not, that would have been very very sad!

~ Kilee Livingston~

Writer said...

Melissa that is freaking horrible sorry I am like way late to comment didn't get arround to commenting the first week...=D