Kilee Livingston
December 17, 2008
Pd. 4
Family Folklore
What my family and I do mostly in
The summer!
By: Kilee Livingston
What my family and I do in the summer is A LOT of things. We love to go boating in the summer and go on vacations. Last year we went to Flaming Gorge, Lake Powell, Jordanelle, Hawaii and Florida.
I love the summer and so does my family. We have a big boat to go boating in and we go to the lakes so we can have fun see our friends and family and just swim, tube, try to water ski and just to take a break from school, work whatever people have to do.
One time we went we met our friends Rhonda and rob there with their friends and we had jet skis and the tube and the boat and the wake board so we had a lot and we got to hook the tube up to the 4 seated jet ski and we got to ride and then we hooked the tube up to the boat and my dad were trying to make me and my little sister Jayme fall off by going in zigzags apparently I didn’t fall off a lot like my sister did.
I fell off like twice or maybe three times but I’m usually the one that stays on.
My little sister and I have a great time going to tubing.
At Lake Powell we went boating and boat the wake board and we tried my sister got it for like 5 minutes, she was doing good.
I got in the water and I got the wake board ski on and then shook my head so my dad can go and right when I got up the first time I fell on my face in the water it hurt but then I tried again the second time I was almost up then the third time I tried I got up for 2 seconds and I was down back in the water.
We were all laughing, my dad turned on some music and we went for a swim and ate lunch then waited for awhile so our stomachs settle before we go tubing again.
After that I get on by myself because my sister is a wimp.
I get on and I get ready, then I my turns around and asks if I’m ready and I say yes he starts the boat and I get ready and hold on.
the boat moves to go and I the sinks a little my little sister is laughing at me because I almost sinked frontwards.
I get control of the tube and my dad turns right the tube slides to the left and I start to slide into the wake I hold on tightly trying not to fall off.
The tube slides into the wake I slide across the water like your skiing on the snow, and I start to slide off I move up against the waves that are pushing me out.
My dad slows down a little so I don’t go flying.
Then we brings me back to the middle and turns left I slide to the right really fast and my dad keeps turning my tube speeds up with air and bumps start to come up, I hit them my tube goes up.
And then I get tired and my fingers get numb and I can barely move my muscles.
I give my mom the stop sign and my mom tells my dad and he stops.
My mom pulls me in and helps me get out I get a towel we head to the dock.
And get our boat hooked into the trailer and go back to our campsite.
The END!
1 comment:
This is a very good story. I am very glad that you kept trying and never gave up. Tubing sounds like fun!
-Leticia Heath
Post a Comment