Friday, December 12, 2008

A Day at Disneyland/California Adventures By Tien Hoang

In the summer before sixth grade I went to Disneyland and California Adventures. The place of overpriced food, souvenirs, and oversized cartoon characters. A small squirrel is cute but one that’s bigger than it’s own tree house is really creepy. Imagine one of them in your house. So then we went there and split up in two groups, my sisters with my parents and me with my 16 year old cousin and my 19 year old uncle. They went to Disneyland and we went to California Adventures. We went to Soarin’ Over California. My cousin forgot his hat on the ride and never got it back.
Then we went to Grizzly River Run. My cousin had to go in another Tube, but me and my cousin got in the same one and we had to sit backwards to the river. Crap. Me and my cousins were the only other people that weren’t wearing those ridiculous ponchos. Why go on the ride if you weren’t going to get wet? These people were a mystery to me and my cousin. We always had to guess when we were going to drop down a river, but by the other people’s faces and screams it wasn’t so hard. When we got off we were soaked from head to toe, but of course those weirdos were untouched. Not a drop touched them! It turns out one of those freaks were my uncle.
Then we went to the California Screamin’. It went like 45 miles per hour but it wasn’t that scary. Just like two big falls, one loop, and a bunch up camel humps(small hills). It didn’t touch the Colossus at Lagoon. It didn’t even touch the Jet Star 2. It wasn’t too bad though.
Then we bought some churros. My uncle got chocolate dip too. Then we went to the Tower of Terror. We didn’t get to finish our churro so we had to toss them. Then we got in the ride and got strapped in. The line was not very long. It started. We lurched up and then it halted to a stop. The window opened and took our picture. That’s when we fell. It was a lot like Re-Entry except it was in a Hotel and looked cooler. When we got out I looked at my cousin and he was fine. My uncle wasn’t. He had chocolate syrup on him. Seems he snuck in his churro and the melted chocolate. We bust out laughing. He looked like he crapped his pants because most of it was on his pants.
Then we went to the Maliboomer. It was like the Rocket except it was about 100 feet higher. I didn’t really want to go in this one. “Maybe when I’m 12 or 13” I told my cousin and uncle. They were like ok. I was surprised they took it so easy. Usually they didn’t. So then we got there. I said that I would wait right here. My cousin said “Nah” just come with us and watch our sandals while we go. I said “Alright”. Then he said to check the seat of the chair to see if anything was there. I checked, but then he shoved me into the seat and locked me in the seatbelt and Barf Shield-thingy. I started to kinda whine. Then a fat dude from the line started laughing at me. I was pissed off. I told the fat guy to go back and eat his burger. My uncle yelled at me. Then it started. I was about to barf. It went up about 5 feet then stopped. What the heck! Then the announcer started counting down “5..4..3..” Then we shot off at like, 100 MPH. Geez… I was gonna puke. But before I could it went up and down 3 more times then stopped. I got off. I kicked my cousin in the gonads and ran. My uncle laughed and whacked him on the head for fun.
The rest off the day wasn’t so bad. Then we watched Aladdin and the genie was FUNNY! He was like, I look like Britney Spears (He was kinda fat and Britney Spears was kinda pregnant). The rest of the day was cool though. I fricken loved Disneyland. I also love California Adventures.

2 comments:

Writer said...

Thanks for your submission.

Ms. L.

Pineapplejigglejelly said...

Thats hilarious that you kicked your cousin there and that your uncle had stuff all over him!!

Karsten Hansen