Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Goodbye poem by Leticia Heath


Pandemonium of Change
Saying goodbye to the summer season

A night of fear and a night of pain
The moon rapidly begins to wane
I never thought you a friend and never truly believed in you
But now I see what you, beyond doubt, mean to me
It was a night of pandemonium and never ending “whys”
Don’t watch me when I’m grounded not locked in my room but lost with no wings unable to fly vulnerable to your insufferable breeze
The orange sun slips away and night begins to sing, and like an angel weeping white, snow begins seeping into the soil of the Earth
I have said goodbye to the sun of summer season
The abstract emotion of melancholy slowly dies away
You pay me peace of mind as I stare at your exotic beauty
My doubt in you is now dry there are no more “whys”
The only thing left is bliss and the joy of being carefree
Winter how I never thought you a comrade, but a season I could not delay
But now I see you out my window bay singing sweetly your arrival with a cold winter tempest
There is no sin in loving you I see that now clear in my head
My old skin begins to shed
Winter’s spell is here again!

1 comment:

Brooklyn said...

Oh. My. Leticia that was so amazingly written. Your words were so marvelously used, I have no mot juste word to describe it. Fantasmic job!