Wednesday, December 3, 2008

my family folklore

Family Folklore-by Alex Johnson
Alexandria

This past summer I and my family went to Richmond Virginia for my family vacation (well at least for my dad my two sisters and I) and also for my cousin Ryland’s wedding. One of t he crazy things that happened to me on my trip was when I had just gotten off the plane in Maryland and was helping my dad get the luggage when he told me I didn’t need to help him anymore. Well he had the luggage in and it wasn’t right so he tried to fix it and a cop came up and got mad at my dad for taking too long. And my dad said he was sorry that he was taking too long and that he was just waiting for the driver (ryland) and the cop yelled at him and said that he was being a smart mouth and was lying to him. The cop was trying to arrest him and Ryland came to the rescue. I was so relieved that my dad didn’t get arrested. The drive to the hotel took about 3-5 hours because you have to drive all the way from Maryland to Richmond, Virginia. We stayed at a hotel that had two queen size beds, one bathroom, a small TV, and bedside table. There also was a pool outside (that I had packed in my suitcase my favorite swimming suit because I was so excited) that wasn’t ready to be opened yet. (And wouldn’t be for the whole trip). I helped set up the wedding stuff that would be in my aunt and uncle’s (Mark and Sherry) backyard. It was so awesome we also grabbed logs because after the wedding dinner there would be a huge bonfire. There were also some marsh mellows, rope flashlights, helmets, and swimming suits.

No comments: