Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Goodbye by Trisha Messick

Christmas come but once a year
Bringing all good cheerAdd Video
We share our joy
Like a friendly toy
The end is near
We still stand clear
For what do we all see
What could it possibly be
Life moves on
We shout for fun
Can you hear
What we all fear
Yes it is the brand New Year
You say good bye to your wonderful past
Because it never really last
The bright new future comes
Like a brand new pair of lungs
You struggle for breath that you can’t take in
But at last you win
You can begin
This is life every day
It starts but never ends.
You look forward to what will come
Yes it’s here
But you want to fear
For what will be coming next
You say goodbye just like a text
But it is really more than that
It isn’t fully intact.

4 comments:

Writer said...

I love your poem. It was very fun to read!
-Leticia Heath

Writer said...

wow.
deep dude.

I LOVE IT TRISHA!!!

WONDERFUL!

/maria zolotev :}

Brooklyn said...

Trisha, this is great! I like what you chose to write about and the positive versus the negative effects. You may want to check up on missing letters but otherwise it was FANTASTIC! Way to go!
~Brooklyn

Writer said...

I Like your poem!

~ Kilee Livingston~