Friday, December 26, 2008

Goodbye Poem ~Cami Packard

I know you by your memories, you made day by day,
Through all your years you were happy, my parents always say.


Though i never met you, I feel you somewhere near,
As i look inside myself, I find you staring back through the mirror.


People near you laughed and smiled,
Everyone happy, not one frown on a single child.

When my day is going bad,
I feel his prescence and no more am i sad.

I look up to the mysterious clouds in the sky,
And see your heavenly features floating by.

I imagine meeting him face to face,
No others around us, in this place.

I feel the tears trickling down my cheek,
Emotions surrounds me, but i could not speak.

You slowly drift back into the sky,
That is where you belong, all mighty and high.

Someday I will see you, with family all around,
Way far from Earth, and off the ground.


I look forward to that glorious day,
You will have me back and everything will be okay.

Thats when i will be with you,
'Til then, a goodbye will do.

3 comments:

Brooklyn said...

This is a wonderful poem Cami! I love words like "trickled" and "mighty". Very dense, very nice.

Writer said...

That was really good!! I liked it a lot! :)
-*Kelsey*

Writer said...

I love you poem it is way creative
-Brittney Golder-