Thursday, December 18, 2008

Blue Dress Bright Future by Trisha Messick

Dance has been part of my life even at the age of eight. I was an adventured dancer and my very own choreographer. My parents never were able to get me into dance but my sisters who were twelve and fourteen years older than me. Had the most prodigious dance background you could ever think of. Plus all those costumes it was astounding. I began to teach myself to revolve on one leg and jump in the air. I was so proud of myself that I took to my sister Jennifer’s fantastic blue dress and started straight away at putting on shows and performances for non other than my fan, my mom.Remove Formatting from selection
This dress was so breath taking. It was the color of blue that I have never seen before. It was so poofy and beautiful. I would wear it as though by putting it on I was the Queen of England. When I had this dress on I knew I was the one for the dress I could feel it , hear it, see it, smell it, and possibly even taste it. I had never had a feeling or sensation like this before. It was the sensation to go and wear this dress with dignity and to be proud it was my dress, really it was my sisters but I consider myself classified to inherit it.
I started dancing the day after this event. My mom was cooking peas on the scalding stove. I came in ready to put on my first show ever. The one that would give me fans of a lifetime, the fans I would keep until my decease. My mom was standing there emitting blood and sweat to make sure my family had food to eat. I kindly distracted her as I put on my show in my newly found dress blue dress. I stated my business and waltzed on to the stage or the hallway between my front room and kitchen. I twirled and heard the cheers coming from my audience and felt the roughness of the dress brush against my smooth skin. While I bow I can smell and see how intensely my mother watched this dazzling performance. The peas were burning and the air was smoke filled. I felt that this answered my question of did I do a good job? Well my mom would have lost interest in my profound knowledge for dance and left to finish her meal but hadn’t done so but let it get neglected and take a far reaching intentness upon me.
Years continue life moves on but everything stands still around me when I am in that dress. This image brings butterflies to my stomach after a most wonderful performance I am greeted with at the beginning of each day. I go to my educational facility and learn the most profound knowledge there is for an eight year old then come home to a wild crowd or in other words my sister screaming my mom punishing it is all most wonderful. It is my fans base my building foundation. We are all the building blocks of life but this was the building block of my career. Smell is what you get when you make candles taste it was you have when you cook food hear is what you have when you make music but seeing and feeling is what you have when you can dance. You see it happen you feel the achievement and the hard earning money brushing against your skin as wear that justifying gown. This image was planted in my mind when I was eight helped me realize my future and today I realize I am destined to dance I have a career planned out. Those building blocks were really helpful and a great joy to have. Images are planted by the mind but foundations are founded by hard work and achievement.

2 comments:

Brooklyn said...

Hey this is awesome! You described the dress so well I could totally see it! nice job!
~Brooklyn

Writer said...

This story is very sweet. I love how you described the dress and how your mother watched you until the peas burned!
-Leticia Heath