Friday, December 12, 2008

The Foot Sprain Family Folklore By Jedidiah Nielsen

Once upon a time I was with my dad and sisters in a hotel. We were walking out of the room and I said “I bet I can beat you down to the first floor while you are in the elevator and I’m on the stairs”. So I ran down the stairs right as they got into the elevator. I jumped down the stairs five at a time. On the eighth stair case I jumped all of the ten stairs that were there. As I was in the air I twisted my foot and came down on it at ten miles per hour. When I hit the ground I almost passed out as I got up. I didn’t want to let my dad when me in this experienced race.
So I lifted myself off the ground and hopped down on one foot the last seven stair cases. When I got to the first floor I crawled to the elevator doors and waited about five minutes. My dad came out of the elevator and so did my sisters. I went to the continental breakfast hopping on one foot everywhere I went. We left the hotel and into the Tahoe. So I had to sit in the back of the car right behind the seats. Everyone was wondering what happened to me when we were in the experienced race. So I recounted the story to everyone that was in the car. They almost cried when I said “my foot twisted in mid air”.
The pain was so bad that it felt like being stabbed in the foot every time it was touched or it hit the ground. I could not go to school for three weeks. Then on Saturday of the third week, my mom took me to work with her. We traveled to Riverton then we went to her shop that was called P.G.P (now it is called Imagine Laser and Awards). My uncle that works there asked what happened to me and I recounted the story to him and he said “that must have hurt”.
After my mom was done with her work at six o-clock then we went across the street to Peterson Food and Drug. My mom went in and asked for crutches she came back out with nothing and said that they were out of crutches. So we went home and I had to crawl for another two weeks. My mom went back to the store and rented a four foot pair of crutches. They it was like I was just burly learning to walk.
I was so happy to be able to walk again. So I went to school for three weeks on the crutches that my mom rented. Everyone was nicer to me because it was like being handicap. Now I know how the handicap must feel because I was one of them for like five to six weeks. That is the family folklore of my life.

5 comments:

Writer said...

That would be hard to have a sprained foot!

Interesting.

Ms. L

James said...

you sprained your foot! hahahah
just kidding good story

James said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jedidiah Nielsen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Writer said...

Ew! that's kind of disgusting, but that must of hurt!

~ Kilee~