Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Goodbye By: Curtis Romero

When I was in second grade I had 3 friends and we were all best friends.
We would play sports together and go to each others houses and stuff.
Then in 2nd grade one of them named Ryan moved to another school that was closer to his house I think.
So I was consumed with sadness and despair.
I went through 3rd grade with my other 2 friends and it was not the same without Ryan.
It was really boring he was the funny one so it was really depressing.
Then later I heard that another one of my friends was going to move to some weird state I can’t remember the name of in March.
So on about March 14th my friend Nathan left and I never saw him again. And then it was jump me and cooper in the school and it was really really really boring without Ryan and Nathan.
To this day I still know Cooper and this year in 8th grade Ryan moved back but I haven’t seen Nathan again since that horrible day.
Maybe some day Nathan will move back to Murray or close to it so I can see him again.

2 comments:

Writer said...

Sad! I'm glad you had one friend through out grade school, and how you meet your other friend Ryan in school!
-Leticia Heath

Brooklyn said...

I love the line "I was consumed with sadness and despair." That described your depression so well. Great poem!
~Brooklyn