Tuesday, December 23, 2008

goodbye poem by carson knight

Goodbye poem
By Carson Knight

This is a time when I wish I could have said goodbye
My uncle is in the army
He drives an apache helicopter
And it must be so gruesome
To have the thought in your mind of seeing all those
People fall to there death right in front of your eyes


But when he comes home it might just be for a month or two but
We all love him and we all cherish the moments that he is here cause he
Could die in the field at any moment I remember the time that
We went swimming together you were doing a cannon ball and
You almost fell on me it was so funny it was one of the most funniest
Thing ever I cherish the moments we had together

I remember the time a very rare time when you were home
For Christmas I was so excited to have Christmas with you
I had the perfect present for you a picture
Of your family to take with you you opened it up you started to feel sad
I could tell

It was the day you were deported and I just got out of school
I was hurrying home to say goodbye
I missed him by a minute
I wish I could have said goodbye before
You had to fly

1 comment:

Brooklyn said...

Wow. . . great job expressing emotion thorugh words like "gruesome." Well done.
~Brooklyn