Thursday, December 11, 2008

My Family Folklore By Curtis Romero

I was at a basketball game in 5th grade running back and forward down the court. Over and over and over again just running for what seemed to last for days because I never got the ball. So I started to try to get the ball rather then wait for it to come to me. This was a bad choice to make.

The other team snatched the ball and ran to our side. I chased them at full speed not letting anything get it my way. Just as they shot I ran under the hoop and quickly looked up bracing myself to catch the ball. It came down at light speed right at me. I moved my hands up as fast as I could which seemed like an eternity. I put my hands straight above my hand so excited that I would finally get the ball. It went right past my hands and right at my face.

It hit my nose at light speed, blood was spewing everywhere. The blood went all over the court and on the audience. It was like an endless fountain of blood, the Nile River after a rain storm. I started to run to the bathroom with my nose still gushing blood. The cleaning crew came out and started to clean up the giant mess called my nose bleed.

I finally got to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. My nose was gone! I could see a giant hole the size of the sun in the middle of my face! One giant clean chunk. You know when you really think about it, it wouldn’t really be possible with all the organs and everything and tendins to come out in one clean chunk. Seemed more like Legos and you took out a block. Just I giant chunk that looked like a giant black hole of blood guts and my lunch.

Soon after my mom ran up screaming. She saw the huge whole in my face and started to clean it up. She fixed my nose back and by the time I got out of the bathroom they where still cleaning all the chunks of my face up off the floor, walls, and ceilings. I swear they had to bring in a freaking S.W.A.T. team to clean all that up. I mean it was like the biggest mess in history. You’d need 1 million little tiny of Santa’s elf’s with humongous vacuums and brooms.

That is what happened on the horrible day that I lost my nose. But after a little bit of magic from the magical Elmo with wings and a dress my nose was back. All he has to do was tap his bright red high heels together and poof, my nose was back.

3 comments:

Writer said...

I liked your story it was very humurous. I really liked the metaphors and similes you used in it too. The Elmo part was very funny. (Sorry if I spelled somthing wrong)
-Leticia Heath

Writer said...

Yikes! What a story. This is my favorite line: "It was like an endless fountain of blood, the Nile River after a rain storm."

Ms. L

Writer said...

Loved your story!

Good Job!

~ Kilee Livingston