Friday, December 5, 2008

My Future By Raechel Heaton

It is the year 2023, I am 28 years old. I am sitting at my kitchen table writing my book called, It’s a Dogs Life. My husband Chris Smith is in the living room, watching a soccer game. Whenever he gets a chance he’ll sit down and watch a game that is his favorite sport. I look out the window to make sure that the dogs are still in their pen. Sasha is running around, I go outside and put her back, closing the door tightly behind her, she loves to undo latches. I go back inside stomping the snow off my boots and telling Chris he needs to fix that latch. I make a cup of hot coco and sit back down. My life has been wonderful let me go back and tell you about it.
Let me start at the beginning, I went to college after I graduated high school. I went to BYU, and studied math, science, writing, photography, and animals. I also learned how to fly a helicopter, which is really awesome to fly, especially when it is snowing. When I was 21 I went on a mission to Germany, it was so fun. I had always wanted to go to Germany, and Chris and I are planning to go their again, when the kids are older.
I met Chris at a sled dog convention. It was love at first sight, and it unfolded from there, we got married on June 21, 2018 in the Salt Lake Temple, because that is the first day of summer. We have three kids Hyrum (4), Amber (3), and Nathan (1), with more expected, some ideas for names that I have are Emma, Faith, and William.
Chris loves dogs and so do I, so we moved to Canada and from his part time job and my book, Why Not Work Hard? We bought eight dogs, named Maya, Sasha, Saphira, June, Silver, Husk, Blue, and Sky. We have now recently gotten two more named Echo and Ning (which is Chinese for peaceful or quietness). We have started a dog company, where you can buy dogs and where dogs are housed. My husband is mostly in charge of that, I am the dog musher; I have won 10 races. I have considered racing in the Iditarod but I don’t know. Did you know that in the year 2008 the prize for winning was 60,000 and a dodge ram 4 by 4 pickup? That is a lot of money even now. Maya and Ning are both my lead dogs.
A dream that I had was to become a good animal photographer. I am pretty good; I have captured some stunning photos, which include some of our dogs, a wolf, and a white fox. The thing that Chris and I love to do is take Amber and Hyrum around in the sled, they love that and they love the dogs. Last week Hyrum climbed up on Ning, and rode on her around the yard. It was so cute I got lots of pictures. I have got my whole future ahead of me; I am going to enjoy it to its fullest.

1 comment:

Brooklyn said...

Raechel this is great! I can totally see the potential in you!