Friday, December 19, 2008

A Snapshot of life by: James Dubarry

The feel of my warm cotton blanket comforted me while I tried to sleep through the noise my brother was making. “Shut up Shawn” I said then my brother said “I’m sorry James I never can sleep on Christmas eve and you know that” well just try I said I would never get to sleep with all of the racket he was making I think a barrel full of dynamite would have been quieter. Oh well only a couple of more hours and I would be opening all of the presents in my living room. That’s what I was thinking before I fell asleep. What I woke up to was my brother going “James...Well if he isn’t going to wake up then well just open presents without him” that’s when I jumped out of bed and said I’m up.

When my brother and I walked into my family’s living we saw a mountain of presents. The pile was so big that it could have been a national monument. My brother got half of the national monument and I got half. I remember the feel of the wrapping paper as I tore it to shreds. You could not see my floor at all because of the red blue and green wrapping paper that covered every single square inch of my living room.

The taste of the warm pancakes was amazing. I was freezing before we had breakfast but the warm meal seemed to bring warmth to me. After breakfast my family started showing up 1 by 1 first my aunt showed up you could hardly see her driving up the street the snow was so thick you couldn’t have seen a lighthouse in front of you.
After all of my family was there we started to talk about what we got for Christmas and who got the better stuff. My mom and aunt started cooking dinner. While they were cooking my uncle was setting up his camera to take a family picture.
He called my aunt and my mom in from the kitchen and the rest of my family from where ever they were. We all stood in my family room in front of the big window so there would be better lighting. I had to stand in the back right by the window and there was cold air coming in from the crack. Right then was when my uncle said cheese and ran into the picture I smiled and tried to ignore the freezing cold air that was blowing on the back of my neck. Once my uncle took the picture my mom and aunt called us all in for dinner and we all sat down and had a great big family dinner.

5 comments:

Jedidiah Nielsen said...

tha was good so much discription

Brooklyn said...

Fantastic opening sentence! Very intriging. Great job.
~Brooklyn

Writer said...

I know what that feels like because every christmas my brother has to wake me up.
Your classmate,
Melissa Gabourie

Writer said...

It's a great story By Jacob urtis

Writer said...

That was a great story.

Good Job!

~ Kilee Livingston~