One day in 7th grade, I went into Mrs. Davis class. We had to pick a sport we had never done before so I decided on which one I should do. I had finally decided what it should be. Snowboarding. I asked Toren if he wanted to snowboard with me but he was going to do something else because he had already picked something else. I told my dad about it and we went 3 weeks later. We went to Brighton. We were thinking of Solitude but thought that Brighton would be better. We rented a board and boots. My board felt cool and slick in my hands. We decided to get started. When we got outside again I could feel the individual flakes that brushed my face. I put on my straps and got on a lift. It took about 6 to 12 minutes to get to the top and the lift was about 100 feet in the air. I took my goggles off to see the view. The coldness stung my nose. I should have bought a face mask or something to cover my face. I could see so much of the mountain and Brighton that it amazed me how much you can see if your only 100 feet in the air. I got to the top and looked forward. It wasn’t steep and I thought I could make it back. I and glided down about a quarter of the way. It wasn’t too hard. It was like skateboarding except with your feet strapped to the board. And there was snow, of course. I was snowboarding when my board sliced a rock. I could hear it clink softly against the rock. My board curved into a ditch that had snow all the way up to my chest. The snow felt cold against my skin. Yeah, I wore a coat and gloves but snow slipped in between my socks and my gloves. I was officially stuck and cold. Crap. I called for help but no one paid attention to me. They just ignored me and kept going. A kid about my age came and helped me out of the ditch. Then he left. I started snowboarding again and I fell into another ditch. It wasn’t bad. The snow was only to my waist. I asked for help although I knew that no one was coming. I waited and some people skidded down and they sprayed me with snow. I cursed for a bit. Then I unstrapped my boots and after a couple tries I made it up. Then I got my board, and strapped them on again. I finally made it down. I would have made it down faster if I didn’t fall in those ditches. I was stuck in each of those ditches for like, 10 minutes each. Then we packed up and left for home. Before we went home we ate at a McDonalds. It was good to taste something hot. The taste of snow isn’t all that great. I don’t know why all those kids want to lick them for.
3 comments:
Your story is really great because you had such great build up. Nice job!
~Brooklyn
I have never gone snow boarding before. It sounds like fun maybe i should try. I love your ending sentence, and the way you wrote. Your story was very good!
-Leticia Heath
Your ending sentence was great and your story is great ~ kilee Livingston~
Post a Comment