Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Goodbye poem--Alissa Harmon

Goodbye…

Goodbyes are never easy,

We all know this is much too true.

But above all, the ones I’ve said

Are nothing compared to my farewell to you.

It was obvious it wouldn’t last forever

Even from the very beginning.

But now we wish for it to come never,

Now that we’re really to the ending.

We thought that we could be prepared

Over years and years of practice.

But now we look back at the time we shared

And know that we’ll regret everything about this.

We were never apart, always together.

The poster children for the idiom “Birds of a feather.”

But now we wish we’d handled things better

Not dreamed of the impossible, there isn’t ever a forever.

It has to be done, but it still hurts

Still causes us pain.

Just like difference with gold and dirt,

The contrast between sun and rain.

Goodbyes are never and won’t ever be simple

But we have to realize the bright sides too.

If I didn’t have to say goodbye,

I’d never have fully appreciated you.

No comments: