Life is like…
A roller coaster ride! It has its ups and downs. But also it can have a big turn of events. My life has had some major up and its major downs. I’ve gone from going one direction into another direction. It goes fast and you don’t realize it till it’s over. Life is like a ride you don’t want to end, but when it does you look back and say man I had fun!
Fasten your seat belts for what’s going to be the best ride you have ever been on. November 29, 1994 a little girl is born. Her name is to be Paige Nicole Lundeen. Wahh Wahh she is crying (as all babies do). This little girl is going to be loved by so many in this world and I don’t doubt you that one bit. 14 years down the road, many things had happened! (Here is the part where her life has a major turn). Seven year old Paige had just been told that she is going to have a little sister by time she is eight! Nine months later her sister Kaylee was born. No more being an only child. Oh well I guess having a little sister will be fun! Ha-ha five years down the road Paige and Kaylee are screaming at each other, for no reason. Not only is Kaylee only five but Paige is almost fourteen! That is an eight year age difference, obviously they are going to fight and yell at each other. Anyways on with the story, like I have said before my life as had so many ups and downs, a have had many moments that I will never forget. I have one that is really special to me and will never be forgotten.
I was July 2005 and we have just arrived in Denver, Colorado. I had been doing really well at my home track of Rocky Mountain Raceways and I wanted to put the icing on the cake. I had all the confidence in the world to go out and win my first national championship. Now I know most of you are saying well she is just going to tell us about how she won. Well I didn’t win, but I was close.
It had been so cold that day in Denver. My car didn’t want to run and it was just miserable. We had gotten time trials done and gone into 3rd round. Well Mother Nature decided she was going to rain on our parade. She literally “rained on our parade,” and when I say rained on our parade I really mean it. It rained for about 2 hours and just made it colder and even more miserable. We were so lost on what to dial the car on what it would run. It finally stopped raining and they had finished drying the track. I only had three rounds until the final. Well I ended up winning those rounds and was into the final. I raced a girl from Texas. Her name was Erin Scott. She was very good and I was way excited to race her. We go up, she pre-stages, I pre-stage…deep breath, stage, as the tree counts down I see Erin leave early…red light. I WON! I was in awe. I didn’t know how to feel. I got down to end of the track, it felt like everything was moving very slow, but fast at the same time. Erin came over and said good race. You could see the disappointment on her face and you can tell she really wanted to win. Once she told me good job it finally had hit me, I had won the ten year old shootout at the “big one!” Everyone I knew was coming up the return road screaming, “Good job, you won!” I had never been so happy in my entire life. The thing that made this so special to me was what my dad had said. It really had meant a lot to me and it’ll be a single moment that will last a lifetime. “You did it and I’m so proud of you.” I might not mean a lot to people but to me I couldn’t of asked for anything more!
When Should I Repot My Fiddle Leaf Fig
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment