A while ago, exactly 2 years ago was the day my volleyball team won the intermountain region championship. It was the best thing that had ever happen in my volleyball career.
My team had been doing great that year and winning the championship was like the icing on the cake! But really made this special to me was I was the last on to score a point.
Club Utah had been our rivals all year long and every time we played them it was like the whole team just froze up and quit play. Our goal at regionals was to go all the way and crush Club Utah in the end. Well it just so happened we play them in the final game. That day we hadn’t lost a game. As the game went on everyone froze up and quit like they had in past games. We ended up losing the game 25 to 23. Oh well we still had 2 more games to win and then it would all be over.
Our coach had taken all of us into a corner before the second game and said this was it and we needed to play our hardest we had ever played before. Well we ended up thumping those Club Utah girls 25 to 18. Final game we only had to play to 15 points.
The game was close. My heart was beating a million miles a minute. Sitting on the side lines cheering for my team, the rallies were long and the ball kept going back and forth. Who would win? Club Utah or High country? That was the big question that day. The game had come to 8 points. We switched sides and my coach had called a time out, we were down by 3 points. All we had to do was get the sideout and we would be good. It didn’t happen. So our coach called another time out and yelled really loud told us to get our heads in the game. We got the side out that time and it was my turn to go into a very intense game. As nerve racking as it was I was ready to take the challenge of winning it for my team. Club Utah was 13 and we were 11 I only had to serve 4 balls and we would win.
I could feel my heart pounding out of my chest. As nervous as I was I knew I had to do it. I felt like a little kid the night before Christmas. Anyways on with the story, I served the first ball, ACE! Yes that boosts our confidence a lot. Second serve, SHANK! Yes! The coach from Club Utah called I time out. I decided I was going to stick this one out and get into my zone. The last two balls I served were a shank and an ace!
I bet all of you can figure out what happens next? We ended up winning the championship for our region! Back to the story has the girl who shanked the ball my heart stopped and I was in instant tears.
They weren’t tears of sadness they were tears of happiness and I felt like I was on cloud nine and nothing could ever compare to this!
When Should I Repot My Fiddle Leaf Fig
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment