Friday, November 7, 2008

Jackson Hole Adventure
A Family Folklore By Theo Gochnour


Over the summer my family and I went to Jackson Hole Wyoming with my aunts, uncles, and cousins. We go there every year as a tradition. It is usually kind of boring. This time it was different.
Our drive up was exciting. The mighty Snake River was higher than the Empire State Building, and it was going faster than the cars in the Indy 500! Our daring cousins, and aunts and uncles really wanted to do it but my family and I were more scared than a cow in a slaughtering house! We had a reason too though! It was higher than it had been in 50 years! We passed on that adventure but there were plenty more to come.
We arrived at Signal Mountain Lodge in Teton National Park just outside Jackson Hole. Jackson Lake has also grown...grown to about the size of Texas. I hopped out of the car and ran like a cheetah to that massive lake. I hopped in the lake and instantly I was out. I got out of there so fast I swear I was walking on water. I learned another thing from last year. The lake has gotten a lot colder!
I dried my little old self off and went outside to see my cousins. They were talking about yet another adventure to go on. This vacation never seems to stop. The place they wanted to go to was called the Teton Hot Pots. They said they are hotter than the sun and more relaxing then Florida. I was uber exited and ready to go.
We packed up the cars and drove into the middle of nowhere. It was emptier than a wolf that hasn’t eaten meat in a month. We started on our long journey. We went through the dense lush forests that you find in Wyoming. The whole group was getting tired of walking and wanted to get to the hotpots before the expected storm hit.
CRACK!! Just as we suspected the storm hit. The lightning was as bright and as hot has the sun. It lightened up the night sky. We came to a creek that marked the half way point. As the storm got worse and the trip got longer everyone wanted to go back. The kids of the family were determined to keep going. Wading through the river was hard when it was rushing down. It made it harder when fish the size of Jupiter shot out of the river! One ate my sister Rosies shoe. Byes then most of my aunts and uncles were gone but a few of my other cousins and I kept going. When we reached the other side we cheered like the people at the Mardi Gras when we saw what was in front of us! THE HOT POTS! We took a dip. It was true they were as hot and relaxing as Florida.
On our drive home from Jackson I was dreaming. Dreaming of River Rafting, swimming, and most of all the Hot Pots! My trip to Jackson Hole Wyoming was quite the adventure. But it was good to be back home.

3 comments:

Writer said...

Awesome Decriptions love the part about your sisters shoe!

Marcy Harris

Writer said...

Theo your paper was good! Well talk to you later!
Kalo Fifita

Writer said...

wow theo you had some awsome comparisons!
Jonny Hummer