Thursday, November 13, 2008

Snapshot by Mary Jacobs

One of my best vacations was going river rafting. When we got there we got ready and blew up our tubes. We had to get o picture because we didn’t know if we were going to go again. We got in the order we wanted to. It took a while and the sun was blinding us. There were people that were making us not be ready for the picture. When the clouds went in front of the sun we all said hurry. There was a problem with the camera at the time. Because we fixed in then we could finally to a picture.
Once we were done were got in to our teams. We all helped carry at least one part of the raft. There were six people in a raft and there were five rafts. We put the boat into the water. We had to hold on the boat so we could get in. The water was moving so fast that I almost fell down. We had started going at last.
In the water was the scary part. There were lots of rocks poking out. When we saw white water we would try as hard as we could to go away from the white water. There was trees and under the trees were big spiders and there webs. There were pillars the ones that were holding the roads up. We crashed into one of the pillars and on of our team members almost fell out. There was this huge rock we almost crashed into but it broke our ore in stead.
As we were going there was a really low bridge. Our boat could barely fit. We had to duck the most we can, or we would fall out. One of our rafts got stuck under one of the trees. It tipped over so the people were under the boat. They said the water was pulling them under because of how strong it was. Anther raft that was be hind them had seen what happened. They help it turn the right way and get the people in side.
When we got to the ending all of the rafts popped accept one. Ours popped on the very last rock. Some rafts popped at the first. But we lost all of our ores. The hardest part was staying away from the rocks and the white water. I was kind of scared because it felt like we were going to tip over and drown. Nobody fell out of there boat accept the people in the rafts that tipped over. I think only two tipped over. The first people that got to the place we were supposed to stop they had to catch the other people’s hands. To makes sure they didn’t get in the wrong spot.
I don’t know if I ever want to go river rafting again. I still thought it was fun though and I’m glad I got the chance to go. I don’t know if the other people what to go again. One thing I know for sure is the people on the raft that got stuck under a tree do not want to go again. We sat and talk for awhile about the trip. When we were done we finished cleaning up and left for home before it got to dark.

No comments: