Friday, September 19, 2008

The Fifteen Minutes I Was Blind

Andrew Saltzman

Simile Sensation

I felt as if I was a motionless semi-dead body. I could hear everything but I couldn't see anything around me. It felt like I was in an endless dream where everything was dark and nothing was light. It felt so weird it felt as if I was getting controlled by a TV’s remote and I was in pause while everything else around me was in play. So I stood there in my shower not knowing what to do or if I was even awake.

I had just gotten woken up by my mom to go to school. I was so tired I could have been a bear who had just gotten woke up from hibernation. But I wasn’t just tired I felt very light headed and extremely dizzy. I was so dizzy it felt like I had just gotten of a rollercoaster with five loops. But I still got up and I got in the shower. Once I got in the shower things got even worse I felt all the blood draining out of my face and slowly I my eye sight vanished. Then my eye sight was completely gone it was the strangest thing I have ever experienced I could still move around and hear everything around me but I everything was completely black.

At first I thought it was just a dream or something and I thought I would eventually just wake up. But did ever wake up so I knew what ever was happening was real so I just started crying and I started freaking out and fell so that made things even worse.

A little later my mom was walking down the hallway and heard me crying. She asked what was wrong and why I was crying and I told her I went blind and I couldn’t see a thing. So at first she didn’t believe me and said Andrew is this a joke? Then I replied no!!! Then my mom said are you sure you don’t just have soap in your eyes? I yelled yes I am blind! So she ran in and screamed for my dad because when she saw me all of the blood in my face was drained out so I was white as a ghost. Plus my pupils covered my entire eye.

So my mom went running for the phone to call 911 while my dad hopped out of the other shower in my parent’s bathroom and came sliding into the bathroom crashing into the sink. Then he got up and got me out of the shower and guided me into my room a little while after that my eye sight came back and the ambulance had arrived.

Then they took my to the ER just to find out what had happened. They ran a ton of different blood test and they decided that I had some kind of fainting syndrome where you black out then eventually you will faint. This can happen when you get up to fast in from a laying down position because all of your blood will flow to your feet when you get up.

Visit: www.newstoyounow.blogspot.com

No comments: