Friday, September 5, 2008

Family Folklore

By: Kelsee Race

I am sitting here thinking of some exiting story to tell you about my family. Well right now I can’t really think of anything to so….. There we were, my brother and I wandering around the decks of the Walla-Walla ferry. We had nothing to do so we found the stairs to the lower deck were all the cars were parked and went down. Meanwhile my dad was still up on the top deck, my brother and I wedged our way through the cars to the front. The waves crashed and cracked as they hit the side of the ferry. We jumped suddenly as the door to the stairs opened, well luckily we wouldn’t get in trouble for being down there, but we thought that we would. When we got to the very front we looked out over the water, on the edge you could see a few of the tall towering buildings of downtown Seattle. The buildings shined in the glimmering sun as it hit the glass windows. We took pictures of them as we got closer, they looked like something that you would see on a postcard.

We got into the port of Seattle it was so beautiful. We went and got in the car and unloaded off of the ferry. We drove down to the music museum and went through the whole thing. it took us around three hours to see everything. I was so tired after we left. After that I wanted to go home but instead we went to the monorail we went to downtown get lunch then we went back to Seattle to go to the space needle. The space needle is cool to go to the top of, it is really tall but once you are up in the top of it, it doesn’t seem as tall because you can see people on the ground. After that we started to drive home, but along the way we stopped at the beach of the Puget Sound. We found a spot along the beach that ad a lot of baby crabs, it was so cool. Me and my brother each picked up a crab and my dad said that I could keep it, unfortunately right before we left he told me to go put it back……

When we FINALLY got back to my dads house I was really tired and I just crashed. I was only asleep for ten minutes when my older brother came and woke me up. I asked him how long I was asleep and well since it was him he said I was asleep for four hours… I looked at the clock and so did he and he took off. I was still really tired but I got up anyways.

The next day was better though. We went down to the ocean and just relaxed and had fun. We weren’t running around and everything being hectic. I just lied on the beach and enjoyed the sun, until, splat a lump of wet sand landed on my stomach. My brother was digging a hole on the beach and flipping wet sand everywhere. I know its weird but so is he. I mean first he was digging small ditches to try and make people get stuck. And now he is digging a hole. He was apparently trying to make it into a hot tub. Then when we were getting ready to leave the beach my dad told him to fill the hole back up, so he did. But while he was a car stopped and someone said, “dig your sister out of that hole” I thought it was funny because I was standing right next to him.

No comments: