Monday, September 15, 2008

Snapshot: Wisconsin Trip

Snapshot: Wisconsin Trip
When I was in sixth grade I went back to Wisconsin to see my cousins and grandparents. We had also decided to go ice fishing. We even celebrated Christmas when me and my dad went back there. I got to go see my cousin play hockey, which is pretty cool because we both play hockey.

My dad and I left Utah on my Christmas break to go back to Wisconsin to see my cousins, and my grandparents. I really like to go back to Wisconsin because I don’t really get to see my cousins and grandparents that often because they live in a different state then me. When we got to the airport in Wausau, I couldn’t believe how small the airport is because there are only ten terminals in that whole airport. When my dad and I got to the baggage claim my grandpa was waiting for us, and when I saw him I ran up to him and gave him a big huge hug.

When we got to my grandparents house, me and my dad stayed at their house for the night. Even though it was winter it was extremely hot upstairs where we were sleeping, so I came down stairs and slept on the floor. The next morning at five o-clock grandpa woke us up to go ice fishing. My dad and I got up, got all of the stuff ready , put it in the back of the truck and we were ready to go. Before we started to go to the lake we had to pick up my cousin Brett. All of us got to the lake about seven o-clock in the morning. When we got to our spot we still needed to drill holes and get all of the equipment ready. When we finally started fishing it was eight o-clock. When we stopped fishing it was five o-clock in the evening and we needed to start heading back home so we could gut all of the fish and start cooking them for dinner. At the end of the day we caught about thirty two fish. It was amazing, and the biggest one I caught was a twenty two inch Northern Pike.

On Christmas night everybody in the Gibbons family came over and celebrated Christmas together. The Gibbons family has a Christmas tradition. Everyone has to buy something that starts with one of letters in Christmas, and that year it was "r"; so me and my dad went to the store and bought Rolo’s. The Rolo’s went to my cousin Larissa and my gift was a fishing “rod”.

After Christmas, my family went to Bemidji, Minnesota to see my cousin Brett play in a hockey tournament. When I was watching the game, someone on my cousins team hit someone that he ran into the edge of the glass, but the kid got up and kept on playing. My cousin came so close to making a goal it made everybody in the stands jump. At the end of the game my cousin won 7-3. It was a great that he won because the 7 hour ride home would have been bad having lost.

No comments: