Andrew Saltzman
A Snap Shot Of My Life
I see it all in my head, it's like it is glued into my brain. It is my moment of greatness. It was exciting; nerve wracking, intenseful, and it was my metal round basketball game. My team was playing for the third place bronze metal in the Utah Summer Games and I had a hurt back, which hurt more than any broken bone that I've ever had. The pain stopped me from playing in the game. But later the game my team was down by ten points going into the forth quarter and I decided that I needed to go in to the game and try to make a difference.
Soon after that I scored two lay ups, I gained one assist, and my team had made one foul shot so we were only down three. I wasn’t about to let my team down. It was my time for us two tie up the game game up because the was only a couple minutes left in the forth quarter. But as time went on my back's pain only got worse. I wanted to help my team out one more time before I could not do anything with my back at all.
Then I had a perfect chance to contribute to my team once more. We had just finished stopping Snow Canyon and we were heading down the court to set up our offense. Right once I got down the court I went cutting through to the three-point line. I was wide open because Nate had set a pick for me down low while I was cutting through. I yelled for the ball saying I’m open! Just then Dillian passed me the ball. Right as turned to release the ball for the three pointer. I saw the defender running towards me. I was tasting the flavor of the Gatorade that I had finished drinking earlier and the gross salty flavor of sweat that was running down my face. I was hearing the yelling of the defender that was getting closer. I felt the smooth, strong, leather, grip of the basketball. Which was slowly leaving my hands with defender jumping up trying to block the ball. But he missed the ball by around four inches and I drained the three pointer.
The Crowd went crazy as can be and the game was tied up. That really made Snow Canyon really mad. Everyone on my team now believed that we could finish Snow Canyon off. Unfortunately my back was hurting way to bad to stay in the game any longer. So I was benched for the rest of the game with a minute left in the game.
The last minute of the game was intense full right after I got pulled out Snow Canyon had went down and missed a wide open lay up and we received the rebound. Then we went down and we made our lay up. With twenty seconds to spare they went down and made their lay up. So we had to try to score once again but we failed. Then they went down the court ran down the clock and hit a three pointer for the win.
We had lost but we played a great game and we had a fantastic time down at the Utah Summer Games. Latter on when we arrived home I found out that I had a lower broken vertebra. Which I have to rest till Jan. 2009.
Visit: http://www.newstoyounow.blogspot.com/
1 comment:
that was very good, very discriptive, i hate basketball but that was an amazing story!:-)
-Justin Willis
Post a Comment