Thursday, September 11, 2008
Snapshot: The Perfect Tree By: Becky Jessop
Snapshot: The Perfect TreeBy: Becky JessopOn June 17, 2006, my family was sealed in the temple as I have written before. But there is one picture that I love to look at every time I see it. There is no other tree in the world I would look at. I know when I write this and people read it, it will sound like I’m some sort of tree hugger or something. But just to clear the air, I’m not.
We were taking pictures by the side of temple. And our faces hurt from being so happy. But it was really hard not to be so happy that day. Watching my brother-in-law, Brian, take pictures of my Mom and Dad kiss and smile made us all want to smile. Family members were crying and the sealing was already over. But we just wanted to smile and cry all day.
One day Brian and Katrina, my sister, came over to visit us. Brian had a book in his hands. He had a book for our family. It had all the pictures of us in there from the temple. We looked through the book so thankful that Brian had made us this and letting us remember that day forever and not forgetting it. We saw the picture of the tree and complimented Brian on how peaceful and graceful that picture was. It had always been one of my favorites.
The tree in the picture has so much foliage and so much purity that you thought if you even stood near it you would be disgusted with yourself. It had such a loving look about it. When it hovered over the bench below it looked as if it was a mother guarding her child from any danger in the outside world. If had a choice to sleep under one tree, I would definitely sleep under that one.
When I get married, and that will be in a long time so don’t worry Dad. I don’t plan on getting married for a long time. But when the time comes I hope to have a picture under that tree. As long it’s still there anyways. And if they try to tear that poor little graceful tree down, I will for sure sleep under that tree for time and all eternity. And I don’t plan on letting anything happen to it.
I hope one day everyone will look at something or someone with so much passion as the tree guards that bench. All the danger just disappears and there is nothing but love and honesty. Oh my heavens!!! I actually am starting to sound like a tree hugger!! Oh well. I want that tree to be there when my children and I visit the temple one day.
When Should I Repot My Fiddle Leaf Fig
2 years ago
1 comment:
Well done! You have a clear voice in your writing! A wonderful memory to have written down.
Ms. L
Post a Comment