
ENTER MY MIND
by Josh Stevens
A Story On My Family.
This story is about to enter the inside of my head. If you can’t read minds and you still haven’t told any one, will let’s just say soon, you’ll get the opportunity to brag about the way you learned of my family trough my head.
Will, we have only a few people in my family. Me, my brother (Jake), my mom and dad, my sister (Amber, in the Navy, no longer living with us), and my biggest brother (Cole, moved out, same as sister) so just me and Jake. So those are the people that live with me. HAPPY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! GOOD!!!!!!!
So, one summer we went a one amazing (but a little weird) camping trip. We got everything we needed (dogs, tents, marshmallows, sleeping bags, mainly FOOD!! and an ax for wood). We were off to the woods the wonderful woods of Utah! (Song related. You might not understand.)We got to the site and site up camp. Lucky for us (because we brought a gun and blank shots and real) it was huntin’ season!! HUZA!! (Gun shots in the air with hats sort of thing.)
WARNING hunting season may not be for everyone. If you suffer from sadness of killing and or watching the poor, defenseless, cute, little animals being shot and killed by a gun of any sort then hunting is not for you. And or, if you are a vegetarian and HATE MEAT (not me), then hunting is also not right for you. And or, if you have any heath problems that harm eye sight or hands then hunting is not right for you. (All this is on the back of you hunting licenses. Funny huh?
So we had everything we needed for hunting and were ready for them deer to show the antlered faces around our camp! So we all agreed that if we saw a deer, well let me make a list about it. 1. Keep the dogs quite or from seeing the deer. 2. Make sure it’s male. If female, don’t shot! (We like does. LOL!! ) 3. Tell someone (quietly) about the deer. Or, if no one is around grab the gun, aim, FIRE!! 4. Kill it and then tell someone about it. That’s what we had to do if we saw a deer.
So my mom, dad and bro all left with the dogs one morning with two of the three guns we brought. The reason why is that, just incase they saw a deer my dad and bro could shoot it. They told me I could sleep a bit longer because I was with my dad at night hunting. So I did. When I got up, I made breakfast for myself and got the gun they left and started a fire. I looked 360 degrees around camp to see if there were any deer. None.
I ate my food and sat looking into the fire. Listening, I hear a crack of a twig and looked were it came from. Gun in hand. I saw a deer body!! But I couldn’t see the head!! I decided to get ready if it was a male. I quietly got close to it. Luckily I was down wind. I waited anxiously waiting to see the head. Then it moved slightly and started rising its head. Then I saw them, BEAUTIFUL white antlers attached to the head of the deer!!!!! It was male!! He turned and locked eyes with me! I hesitated! Almost too long! Because it turned to the side and, before it ran of, I FIRED! A loud crack filled the air. My eyes were closed. I opened them just in time to see the deer drop. I walked up to it and looked down. I said under my breath, “First one bites the dust!”
My family came back to the camp. They heard the shot and wondered if I was ok.
“Ya,” I said “but the deer next to the tent isn’t.”
They looked all at once at the deer lying on the tarp and blood all over the gloves we had. They stared in awe at the deer.
“You killed that deer?” Asked my bro.
“And dragged it into camp and onto the tarp?” Asked my mom.
“And used the gun?” My dad asked checking the gun. There was one shot missing. “Son, you must be strong and brave.”
“I hope that I can be both of those.” I said, “For a moment I thought I wouldn’t have the guts to shot the deer.”
Everyone laughed.
Soon we packed up everything (did not forget the deer) and headed home.
The deer was skinned and the meat was use to make beef jerky when we got home. It was teriyaki flavored. It was gone in a week.
The deer was beautiful dead or alive. I was the first one to see and kill a deer. My bro made a certificate (he makes them all the time for our “Owie of the year” thing) for “The first one to see deer in the least amount of time and killed” award. I hung it on my wall in a glass frame. I’ll never forget the deer. And his taste!
A Story On My Family.
This story is about to enter the inside of my head. If you can’t read minds and you still haven’t told any one, will let’s just say soon, you’ll get the opportunity to brag about the way you learned of my family trough my head.
Will, we have only a few people in my family. Me, my brother (Jake), my mom and dad, my sister (Amber, in the Navy, no longer living with us), and my biggest brother (Cole, moved out, same as sister) so just me and Jake. So those are the people that live with me. HAPPY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! GOOD!!!!!!!
So, one summer we went a one amazing (but a little weird) camping trip. We got everything we needed (dogs, tents, marshmallows, sleeping bags, mainly FOOD!! and an ax for wood). We were off to the woods the wonderful woods of Utah! (Song related. You might not understand.)We got to the site and site up camp. Lucky for us (because we brought a gun and blank shots and real) it was huntin’ season!! HUZA!! (Gun shots in the air with hats sort of thing.)
WARNING hunting season may not be for everyone. If you suffer from sadness of killing and or watching the poor, defenseless, cute, little animals being shot and killed by a gun of any sort then hunting is not for you. And or, if you are a vegetarian and HATE MEAT (not me), then hunting is also not right for you. And or, if you have any heath problems that harm eye sight or hands then hunting is not right for you. (All this is on the back of you hunting licenses. Funny huh?
So we had everything we needed for hunting and were ready for them deer to show the antlered faces around our camp! So we all agreed that if we saw a deer, well let me make a list about it. 1. Keep the dogs quite or from seeing the deer. 2. Make sure it’s male. If female, don’t shot! (We like does. LOL!! ) 3. Tell someone (quietly) about the deer. Or, if no one is around grab the gun, aim, FIRE!! 4. Kill it and then tell someone about it. That’s what we had to do if we saw a deer.
So my mom, dad and bro all left with the dogs one morning with two of the three guns we brought. The reason why is that, just incase they saw a deer my dad and bro could shoot it. They told me I could sleep a bit longer because I was with my dad at night hunting. So I did. When I got up, I made breakfast for myself and got the gun they left and started a fire. I looked 360 degrees around camp to see if there were any deer. None.
I ate my food and sat looking into the fire. Listening, I hear a crack of a twig and looked were it came from. Gun in hand. I saw a deer body!! But I couldn’t see the head!! I decided to get ready if it was a male. I quietly got close to it. Luckily I was down wind. I waited anxiously waiting to see the head. Then it moved slightly and started rising its head. Then I saw them, BEAUTIFUL white antlers attached to the head of the deer!!!!! It was male!! He turned and locked eyes with me! I hesitated! Almost too long! Because it turned to the side and, before it ran of, I FIRED! A loud crack filled the air. My eyes were closed. I opened them just in time to see the deer drop. I walked up to it and looked down. I said under my breath, “First one bites the dust!”
My family came back to the camp. They heard the shot and wondered if I was ok.
“Ya,” I said “but the deer next to the tent isn’t.”
They looked all at once at the deer lying on the tarp and blood all over the gloves we had. They stared in awe at the deer.
“You killed that deer?” Asked my bro.
“And dragged it into camp and onto the tarp?” Asked my mom.
“And used the gun?” My dad asked checking the gun. There was one shot missing. “Son, you must be strong and brave.”
“I hope that I can be both of those.” I said, “For a moment I thought I wouldn’t have the guts to shot the deer.”
Everyone laughed.
Soon we packed up everything (did not forget the deer) and headed home.
The deer was skinned and the meat was use to make beef jerky when we got home. It was teriyaki flavored. It was gone in a week.
The deer was beautiful dead or alive. I was the first one to see and kill a deer. My bro made a certificate (he makes them all the time for our “Owie of the year” thing) for “The first one to see deer in the least amount of time and killed” award. I hung it on my wall in a glass frame. I’ll never forget the deer. And his taste!
1 comment:
I'm Posting to myself on my own blog!LOL!1!1!1! I did a nice job.
Post a Comment