Friday, September 5, 2008

family reunion

By rahlissa grant

Family reunion

So our family reunion was one week away. So when our family started to get everything settle. Then my aunt’s dog Lucky came charging at the table. And everyone was trying to catch him and was chasing him like crazy.

And that’s when it all happened when he saw my little sister eating vanilla ice cream. He chased her around the whole backyard till he jumped on her back and she fell face down in dog poop.

When the rest of the family came and her boyfriend came she felt embarrassed. When our big brother saw her he started to laugh at her like there’s no tomorrow. And after she got change my little sister’s boyfriend asked what happened, she told him the whole story, and he started to laugh. Then a week later was our family reunion and my aunt said let’s tell a funny story that happened to us in life. Then we my aunt picked my little sister she started to like it was just yesterday when it happened.

Then after the story telling we had a race to see who can run with a balloon in between their legs. So it was me and my little sister who had to race. When the gun went off my little started to get ahead of me, till I started to catch up. When she was about to get to the finish line once again she fell in dog crap. It wasn’t a pretty sight. When she had the balloon in between her legs, the balloon was sliding down her legs and she tried to slide it back up but instead she step on her fingers. and one of her fingers bended back. But then the balloon fell out of her legs and when she tried to grab the balloon, but instead she tripped over it. The whole family was laughing and making jokes about it. There were 2 people who didn’t laugh. It was her boyfriend and I. We thought it wasn’t funny. Cause last week when Lucky started chasing her she fell in dog poop. And now this. I could fell the pain and the embarrassment for her. It felt like it was me falling or tripping. I thought my family would nice enough to go and help her or anything else. But instead they just laughed like there was no tomorrow. But that’s a family tradition. We call it that cause half of my family is from Germany. So when someone falls or get hurt they laugh. Cause that’s what they do on Germany. And they call it a family tradition. But my sister wasn’t crying she was laughing with the family. We couldn’t tell the difference. Plus the family was laughing at her cause she had dog poop all over her face. I have to say it was pretty funny to me and everyone else. Our family took a picture of it then put it in our family reunion picture book. So now when we have a family reunion we think about the family picture. And my sister has in her locker, so when she has bad or good days she looks at her picture. And she tells everyone her story. I thought she would forget then story but I guess she didn’t. She loves that story. But in August we had a family reunion and we were doing a race. And guess what? I did the same thing but I didn’t step on my fingers. If I don’t recall. But we were doing a race it was when u have to hop in a bag to the finish line and back. Well I was hopping to the finish line, I was almost there. But my foot stepped on my other foot, and my right foot step on the bag and I went flying. (Not like superman). But yeah, then instead of falling in dog poop. My Aunt’s bird poop on my head. When I went to go wash it off it was starting to dry up. So the bird poop didn’t come off for 3 days. I was embarrassed. So now I’m vey careful were I land.

No comments: