Friday, September 5, 2008

The Great Camping Trip


Google

By: Kelsie Rogers

A couple years ago my family and I got invited to a camping trip. It was finally the summer so I was so excited to go somewhere fun. They were going to be fishing, having a picnic, and just playing games and having a whole lot of fun! I think I was the most excited in my family. I just kept counting down the days until the day finally came!

The camping trip day was finally here. I was all ready very early in the morning. I had my fishing stuff and all of the things I was going to play with all of my cousins. My family brought chicken to eat for dinner. We were ready to go. The drive down to the camping sight was about one and a half hours. I was getting very excited in the car. My brother wanted to play some games with me on the way down, but I just couldn’t stop thinking about all the fun I was going to have! After a one and a half hour long drive we were finally there!

My mom’s uncle already had his boat out on the water. Since we were one of the first people there he let us go out on the water first. My brother and I brought our fishing stuff so he let us go fishing too. The boat ride was so much fun. We went so fast. After a while of just riding in the boat we got to go fishing!!! We fished for about 2 hours. I caught three fish and my brother also caught three fish! I was so excited that I caught three fish. My mom said we could cook them for dinner on Sunday.

Seven hours of playing games and having fun passed by quickly. At 5:00 we all had dinner. My family’s chicken was the best in my opinion. After dinner me, my brother and a few of my cousins decided to go craw dad fishing. We gathered our supplies. We needed a long piece of string, a piece of hot dog, and a bucket.

We got down to the dock and there were a ton of craw dads in the water, it was amazing! We decided that we would have a contest to see who could catch the most craw dads in thirty minutes. It was the girls versus the boys. After thirty minutes I caught two craw dads, Haylie caught three, and Stephanie caught two. All together we had 7 craw dads in our bucket. The boys only had six craw dads in the bucket, so the girls won with one craw dad.

We went back to the campsite and everybody was roasting marshmallows and having s’mores. I am not a big fan of s’mores, but they did have “Starburst’s” for roasting too. I decided to try one and it turned out that they were so yummy. I kept eating some until I could not eat any more! I wonder how many other candies you can roast.

It was nearing the end of the day and some cousins and I decided to take a walk down by the lake. It was so quiet and peaceful. We saw tons of squirrels and chipmunks running around, they were so cute! We also saw a lot of fish swimming around in the dark water. It was so nice just to hear some of the waves in the water on our walk.

By the end of the walk down by the lake I was tired, but now every body was sitting around the camp fire when we got back from the walk by the lake, so I decided to sit down and join them. They were talking about things they remember doing when they were little. Some were so funny; I think that’s what kept me awake.

By 10:00 p.m. everybody started to head to their tents to go to sleep. I was happy to head to our tent because I was so tired. I woke up at 9:30 a.m.; we all had pancakes, eggs, and sausage (that all my uncles cooked) for breakfast and then started our trip back home. That was one of the best nights because I had so much fun and I got to spend a lot of time with my WHOLE family.

No comments: