By: Cymbri
I am sitting in school waiting for that 7th period bell to ring and when it does, I jump out of my seat, run out the school doors and jump into the car I’ve been waiting to see all day. Then I watch as my junior high school disappears. Then comes the worst part of summer, waiting for my family vacation.
When my family and I all got home, we planned our vacation. We decided since it was so close to the 4th of July that we would go to Aurora (A small city in southern Utah) and watch the fireworks that our friend (being a fire fighter and all) would be setting off. Now comes the worst part of vacation, the drive.
Finally we get to our hotel in Aurora, and we start un-packing. After everything is put away, we head to the park. The smell of barbeque fills my family’s noses. My sister and I run to the table and make a plate of barbeque chicken and delicious pork and beans, then all of the sudden the lights go out.
We run to our seats, sit down and wait until a man that is well known in Aurora comes over the speakers and says, “Ladies and gentleman, are you ready for the greatest firework show ever?!?” “Yea!!!” The crowd screams. Then bright colored fireworks burst into the sky and the crowd stares up at them in amazement. The fireworks go on for about 45 minutes then comes the grand finale, twenty to thirty fireworks shoot up in the air at the same time and we all yell, “This is the best firework show ever!” When my family yelled that, the whole crowd turned and looked at us, then the whole park burst out laughing (including us).
When we stopped laughing we looked at the clock and decided it was time to head back to the hotel. So we packed up our chairs and headed back. The 5 of us all got a goodnight sleep that night.
The next morning we hopped in the car in our pajamas and began our journey, to Dave and Jack’s house (our firefighter friends), there we cooked Dutch oven breakfast burritos and talked about the night before and about how far we were going to have to drive to get to Arches National Park, as the adults went on and on about the drive and prices of gas, the kids had a water fight in mind. My family had bought four or five water guns and the kids were planning to fill them up and start squirting the adults. We filled the water guns up and went crazy with them. That was my favorite part of the entire trip. “Ok guys lets get going.” My soaking wet parents said. We all just laughed at how wet they were, and then we climbed into the car.
We were on our way but I’m pretty sure you don’t want to hear about all the desert we saw and all the little towns and about my dream as I fell asleep looking at all the desert… so I’ll just skip over to Arches.
We got out of the car and I was amazed at how high up we were and how beautiful the arches were (now I see why they call it Arches National Park). We walked all over I could’ve sworn we walked over 5 miles that day, looking at the beautiful canyons. As we walked back to the car I realized no one had complained about walking so far and I was amazed… again. We got in the car and everyone fell to sleep in about 5 minutes (except for the driver of course) and everyone slept all the way home.
The End!!!
When Should I Repot My Fiddle Leaf Fig
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment