
A couple of years ago my family and I took a hiking trip up in the mountains for just one day. We were nearing the end of the trip so my dad decided to take a picture of my brother and I so we would remember that fun hiking trip up in the mountains. Around me were lots of tall, green pine trees. It looked they could have touched the big, grayish, wet sky. It was Fall so all of the leaves on the trees were red, brown, yellow, and orange. The forest looked so pretty and very, very colorful because of all of the brightly colored leaves. Right before we got there it had been raining so there was a lot of mud. There was also a lot of rain still hanging around on the tall trees. If you looked up in the sky it was a light gray, but the bright sun was starting to peek through the dark clouds.
The wind was still swirling around everywhere. It was a cold, sharp wind. A wind that is kind of cold and mean when it touches your bare skin, it makes your nose especially cold. The rain on the trees would drop down onto me. Since it was Fall the dead leaves would also fall down on me and my brother. The rain turned the dirt into mud which made it feel squishy under my feet. Through the clouds the sun was peeking through which felt nice and warm all over my brother and I.
I could smell the dead leaves that were still hanging around on the trees, trying to stay there as long as possible. I could also smell that unique smell that lingers after a light rain. It is a very different smell, but everybody can easily identify it. The tall pine trees around me gave off a strong pine smell, one of the smells that I really like. The mud also gave off a weird mud like smell that wasn’t very pleasing to my family and I. The last smell was sweet because of the yummy trail mix I had been eating just before the picture was taken.
In the forest it was almost too quiet, but I could still here some of the birds chirping in all of the tall trees. I could also barely hear the small, wet twigs below my feet crackling and snapping. The dead, brown leaves that have already fallen off the trees were crackling and rustling on the dark, muddy ground. I could also barely here footsteps; I sat and wondered what they were while my dad took his time taking the picture. The woods were very pretty, it would have only been better if you had been there to see it!
No comments:
Post a Comment