
Finally! I have been waiting all year for this one moment and it has finally arrived, not quickly I might add. With smiling excited faces we jumped off the plane and hurried into the taxi. What seemed like the slowest car ride ever we finally got to the hotel, “Cancun Palace” which really was like a palace. We could see the ocean the second we checked in and that was all we could think about, the ocean. We threw on our swimming suits and sprinted out the door and down the stairs to the ocean.
I looked at my sisters faces and that look said it all. They were a happy as can be, as was I.The look on my parents looked extremely happy to see our family together once again, which doesn’t happen very often. My family was so happy to be out of freezing Utah and into warm 90 degree weather in Cancun. The ocean was such a beautiful sight to see, they way they crushed the surface for the few seconds they had. It was like everything was in its perfect spot just waiting for my family and I to greet them.
Cancun Palace was a perfect choice for my family and I because it was all inclusive, which means umlimited strawberry colada’s! I had missed the sweet taste of the strawberry coconut running down my throught in delightment. The taste was like nothing I have ever tasted, it was one of kind. I knew there would be a lot more where this came from, especiallty with my dad around! I couldn’t believe all of this was happening to me. I felt like the luckiest girl in the world.
When you think of the ocean, you think of the sounds it makes. One sound that you almost always hear is the sound of the seagulls cawing in the distance. Which is exactly what I heard! The birds made me feel like I was home again, seeing as it had been two years since I had left the beautiful beach. The sound of the waves crushing against the beach floor was just a reminder of how excited I was to be here! After walking for a few miles on the incredible beach I became immune to it. I never wanted to return home to Utah, even though I missed my friends a lot!
All of these senses led up to my favorite picture of all time, and that is the picture of my sisters and me. Not only do I love it because it shows our excitement, but that is was just the face that we were all together in this beautiful place. I still don’t know how it turned out to look so good. We are all the same height, same pose, same everything! My mom was very excited when she saw the end result of her beautiful daughters. That moment in time was one of the most treasured moments of my entire 14 years of life. What I would give to go back to spring break 2009 in Cancun, Mexico. At least I will always have the memories and of coarse my favorite picture!
2 comments:
That's such a cool picture! It's taken the right moment and the way you described it was perfect! Awesome writing.
-Callie J.
mmmm... After reading this I totally want to go to Cancun and drink one of those strawberry colada's sounds delicious!
-Cami B.
Post a Comment