Friday, April 10, 2009

Getting to Know You~Laura Isaacson

Which kind of music do you like best? The kind of music I like best is hip-hop. I like hip-hop because when I listen to it, it makes me feel really good. Music to me is described as something that I do when I am board. Without music there would be nothing to do. My favorite song is called “1, 2, 3, 4,” by Plain White T’s. This song makes me feel really good when I listen to it, I don’t know why it makes me feel good, it just does. Some of the words in this song are “There’s only one way, two say, those three words, four you……………………….I love you” when I listen to this song I like to count with it like when it says one two three four then that is my favorite part of the song. There are no memories or dreams associated with this song , I just like it a lot and I like to listen to it right before I go to bed, when I am getting ready for school, and when I am doing homework and in gym.
The partner that I chose to answer these questions is my sister Jessica. She likes rock best and she said that she defines music something she does when her friends come over. I don’t know what she means but that’s just what she said to me when I asked her about it. Her favorite song is “Check Yes Juliet” by We the Kings. She loves that band and when she listens to it she said it makes her feel wonderful because it reminds her of her boyfriend, just because they both like it alooooooooooooooot, she can never get over that song. Some words or phrases in this song are “I’ll keep tossing rocks at your window” and I don’t know why she likes that part so much, but that is her best part of the entire song I don’t know why she is just crazy. If your were to come to my house four at least two days you would know for sure that it is her favorite song because every time I go into her room and she’s in there then this song is playing on her stero.
Some ways that these songs are the same are that they are both played by a male and they both have a reallllly good chorus with them, some ways that these two songs are different is because one song is rock and one is not rock. When ever I like start listening to Check Yes Juliet I always change the song close to the middle because I am so annoyed of it cause my sister listens to it twenty four seven and my room at home is right next to hers. I hate it, well I don’t. Some reasons why music is important to me is like I said without music everyone would have such a boring life to live in.

4 comments:

Writer said...

This is really good! I love those songs! :) I can relate to a lot of things you said. This is so good.

-Callie Johnson

Writer said...

Thank you Laura! I look forward to reading more of your writing.

Ms. L

Writer said...

i really love that song


chelsee

Writer said...

Laura,
Great Job! I LOVE THIS SONG!!! I can never stop listening to it. this song is the type of song that once you listen to it, it gets stuck in your head very easily. Which is good but also bad.
~natalie!~