Monday, April 13, 2009

Getting to Know You By: Jessica Quiroz

Music is my life and I don’t know what I would do without my music!!!! Pop and rock is the type of music I listen to the most, but if I like a song that isn’t pop or rock I still listen to it. My favorite radio stations are 97.1, 107.9, I like those stations because they play all the music I listen to, for example The Fray, Kelly Clarkson, O.A.R. and Maroon 5!!!! The song that I choose is Won’t Go Home Without You by the best band ever Maroon 5!!!!! I choose the song Won’t Go Home Without You because it is by favorite song ever and it makes me happy. The reason it makes me happy is because it talks about a guy and his girlfriend breaking up, but then the guy realizes he loves the girl so he starts looking for her and he isn’t going home until she goes home with him. My favorite part in the song is “It’s not over tonight, just give me one more chance to make it right. I may not make it through the night I won’t go home without you”. The reason I like that part of the song is because I think its cute how he admits he messed up when they were together, but he wants another chance to make things right and he isn’t going to give up until they get back together. The weird part of the song is that he keeps saying that he isn’t going home without her, but in the video he finds her at a restaurant about to kiss another guy and he sees her and does go home without her.
My partner was Michaela Allen and her favorite radio stations are 107.9 and 97.1, her favorite kind of music to listen to is pop and rock. The cool thing about Michaela is that we both like the same type of music so we can talk about songs we both know without having to stop and explain who sings the song. Michaela choose the song Poker Face because it is a fun song to listen to and it has a good beat to it that you can just get up and dance. I think the song Poker Face is a good choice for Michaela’s favorite song because it has a funky, fun, energetic beat to it and Michaela is a very fun person so it goes very well with her character. Some words to the song are “Can’t read my poker face”. Those words remind me of Michaela because I can never read her mind and never guess what she is thinking, but she can always read my mind which gets very annoying!!!
I think we all have something in common and it’s that we ALL listen to music. It doesn’t matter what whether we listen to pop, rock, rap, or country, music is part of all of us. Some people get inspired by the music they listen to, others music makes them feel better when they are going through a tough time. The point is that music makes life more enjoyable because we get to listen to others people songs and their meaning on life through their music. To me music is a big part of my life because the music I listen to is a big part of who I am. You can get a pretty good idea of what I’m like and how my personality is just by knowing the type of music I listen to. I think it’s the same with everybody else too, if you listen to the music they listen to than you can get an idea of how they are and what they like. I don’t think people realize that music is a huge part of their everyday life; they don’t realize that music inspires you, helps you through tough times or just helps you have fun!!! I don’t know how life would be without music and I really don’t want to find out, but I’m sure it would be boring. So we should all appreciate music and realize what it does to us.

4 comments:

Writer said...

I knew you'd do that song. Everyone knew you'd do that song or at least a song by Maroon 5. I've got to admit Won't Go Home Without You is a really good song. I don't understand the lyrics but it's a really good song. It's on my playlist!!! :)
~Your Best Friend Yvette

Writer said...

Jessica,
Just like Yvette said, It was so ovious that your favorite band is Maroon 5. But dont worry because they have great music. Wont go Home Without You is one of my favorite songs by them. Great Job Jessica..
~Natalie~

p.s. Yvette doesnt know what she is talking about,she is not your best friend.. I AM!!! haha

Writer said...

I agree that most people don't realize how big a part music is of their lives. It is clear that you love to find the stories in music! Great job.

Ms. LaFortune

Writer said...

Well Jessica I had one question is Maroon 5 a movie? Just kidding! Well anyway I love your story and even though I don't know anything about Maroon 5 hopefully soon I will be able hear some of their music.
-Brittney Golder