Thursday, April 9, 2009

Getting to Know You by: Lucy Clark

I like to listen to mostly hip-hop and rap but I also like country music. My favorite song is country, Forever and Always, by Taylor Swift. This song makes me feel happy and sad at the same time. I feel like this because my boyfriend says you and me forever and always and the the song is about breaking up so i just think about us breaking up. But it makes me happy because it has a good beat and lyrics. Some of the lyrics to the song are "I was there when you said forever and always did you me an it baby? I don't this so" and it says "you looked me in the eye and told me you love me." When I listen to this song pictures that come to mind are of me and my boyfriend going through what she does. Memories that I think about when I listen to this song is when my boyfriend tells me forever and always. I like to listen to this song when my boyfriend and I are fighting or if I'm sad.

My partner was Natalie Sefilian. She likes to listen to anything that has meaning. Mainly she listens to country and alternative. Her favorite song is you belong with me by Taylor Swift. This song makes her feel like guys aways for girls with good looks, like they don't even care about the girls personality. The guys don't realize what they had until she's gone. Some lyrics are "She wears short shirts I wear T-Shirts, She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers, dreaming about the day when you make up and find that what your looking for has been here the whole time. When she hears this song she pictures one girl and one guy that are best friends and the girl likes the guy but the guy is always with other girls and he only sees her as a friend. Natalie likes to listen to this song usually after school because she is around alot of drama and issues, like a girl likes a guy but the guy doesn't like her back.

Me and Natalie listen to alot of the same music. Like our favorite songs are both by Taylor Swift. Also both of our songs mean alot to me. I feel the same way about her song as she does. These songs really describe Natalie and I in many ways. We are both alot alike in many ways which also is why it describes us. Music is very improtant to everyone around the world, not just us. In many countries, many towns, many cities, many places music has a purpose to everyone. It doesn't matter what kind of music it is, it could be country or pop. It could be rock or classical but music all comes together as one thing, describing h0w someone feels. Music could mean nothing to someone one day, and once they hear a song that they love music can mean everything the next day. To me music means everything!

3 comments:

Writer said...

Lucy! This is really good. I lovee taylor swift too! :) I like how you worded everything is amazingg!

-callie j.

Writer said...

Lucy,

Good job. Your post was really interesting. I especially liked how you included some of the lyrics. Good idea.

Ms. L

Writer said...

~L_U_C_Y_A_N_N_C_L_A_R_K~

I freaking love you lucy. We are so alike. But also so different. But thats what i love about our friendship. Lucy i can trust you with ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I trust you more than i can trust my dad or sisters.. Its sad but its the truth. I cant tell my family half the things that i tell you. You are such a good writer. And our songs are totally awesome. Taylor Swfit is awesome. Just like us. HAHA!! I hope our friendship will last FOREVER!!! I dont even need to hope because I already know it will. thank you for ALWAYS being there for me. I love you Rubber-Ducky!!!!!

Love,
Chick-A-D aka Natalie Sefilian