Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Getting to Know You by Meghan Dow

Music is defined as "any agreeable sounds". To me music is an escape from all of the stress and negativity in the world. The song that helps me get to this escape is I'm Yours by Jason Mraz. This song makes me feel happy and think of my friends. This song makes me think of my friends because one of them, Zach, told me to listen to the song, plus it seems like whenever I am with them I hear this song. Another reason why this song reminds me of my friends is because we performed it for my skit when I ran for SBO Vice President. It was a blast! One of my favorite lines in the song is, "But my breath fogged up the glass so I drew Add Imagea new face and I laughed." To me this line means that change is going to happen so you might as well enjoy it.


Five Minutes to Midnight by Boys Like Girls is Ashlyn Stackhouse's favorite song. I had never heard this song before and as soon as I told this to Ashlyn she began to sing it perfectly! Ashlyn really likes this song because it makes her love life and releases all of her stress. She also wants to marry the lead singer of the band that sings it!


As you can see music releases stress for a lot of people and it really reflects the person who listens to it. Ashlyn and my favorite songs are very different but they reflect ourselves not our partners. Music is a part of a person, not just something they listen to, which is probably why we love it so much!

4 comments:

Writer said...

Aww! Meghan, this is really good. I like how you expressed your feelings into this! :) It's great! I love that song too!

-Callie Johnson

Writer said...

Meghan,
You are such a good writer. Your song you chose Im Yours is like one of my favorite songs to. It means to much and its so cute how this song reminds you of your friends. You skit was amazing. And I truely wish we werent running against each other. I think that is the hardest part for me is knowing i am running against one of my close friends. Good Lucky and you Did amazing. Your writing was amazing just like you.
~Natalie Sefilian~

Writer said...

Well done Megan! You dug deep and really tried to explain music and you! I always enjoy your writing. Keep it up.

Ms. L

L.Y.M.I. said...

hey Meg, it's your lil' sis! Great job! Thuis must mean that Adam Lambert is a big impact on you and that's why you listen to it so much. or maybe its just because you're obsessed!