Monday, April 13, 2009

Getting to Know You by Michaela Allen

I love music and I could not live without it. I listen to music all the time, whenever I can! I could just sit for hours listening to music. I mostly listen to the radio, and my favorite stations are 107.9 and 97.1. I like these stations because they play music that I love and they play a good variety of music. They play lots of new songs, but they also play songs that are a little older, and I like that. I love so many different songs so it is really hard to pick a favorite. One of my favorites that I like a lot is Poker Face by Lady GaGa. It is a really great song and it is really catchy and gets stuck in your head easily. Maybe that is a bad thing but I don’t care if I have it stuck in my head because I love it! One of the main longs in the song is “Can’t read my, can’t read my, no he can’t read my poker face.” Sometimes when I listen to this song it makes me think of people playing poker with masks on. I will listen to this song anytime no matter what mood I am in because I am always in the mood to listen to it! I change favorite songs like every other week, though, so I will probably get sick of it soon and love a totally different song next week.
My partner, Camille Brantly, likes all different kinds of music. One of her two favorite songs is called Bella’s Lullaby. It is an instrumental piece, so it has no words, and it is a very calm song. It is in the movie Twilight and it falls into the musical category of classical. When she listens to this song, it makes her think of somebody playing the piano while swaying in the wind. Camille’s favorite time to listen to this song is when she wants to feel calm. Although Camille likes this song a lot she does not have any memories or dreams associated with it. Her other favorite song is called River Flows within You by Yirumna. It is another instrumental pretty song.
Music is a huge part of many people’s lives. Some people sing or play music for a living, others get inspired by music, and some people just listen to it daily. It is so amazing because there are so many different styles and kinds of music. There are so many songs out there and they are all so different. Life would be dull without music to liven it up. I personally use music in at least two ways every day. I am taking choir at school, and I listen to music all the time. I also play the piano, so that makes three things that just one person does that involve music. I am even listening to music, right now while I type this memoir. Music tells a lot about a person. What type of music they like to listen to, or like to sing, really does reflect their personality, and what kind of person they are. Music can also have a big impact on people’s moods. Upbeat and exciting music puts people in a good mood, but depressing slow songs usually put people in a really sad mood.

2 comments:

Writer said...

Michaela,
I am also a fan of PokerFace. You are an amazing writer and I love how you express your feelings to your song.
~Natalie~

Writer said...

Ms Michaela,

Well done. You brought it all tigether well in your last paragraph with your insightful comments. :)

Ms. L