Monday, April 20, 2009

Snapshot Moment by: Tyler Foss


Tyler Foss Snapshot moment
It was the Dallas Cowboy who happen to be my favorite team playing against the Pittsburgh Steelers. It was the most legendary game of the year the Superbowl. I could feel my heart racing there was so much noise but I could not hear any of it . It was as if the world stood still and I could only focus on the game. I could only feel two things the coldness of my Gatorade and the vibrations from all the people screaming. They were about to hike the ball and everything went silent there was no noise except the sweat coming of the players.

Just a couple of hours earlier the two teams were coming on to the field to play one of the biggest games in their entire life. Each person was cheering for the team hoping they would be the champions for the year. Finally the game had started as the two teams got ready then the ball was kicked off and people screamed it was a thunderous scream through the stadium. Everybody was ready to see a amazing game of football I felt like I was about to go deaf. It was like a nonstop battle between the two teams. I felt as if I was in a roman coliseum waiting for two gladiators to fight. Neither team was willing to give up yardage on the field they both wanted to score so bad. Every team used all of the strategies and secret weapons. But the other team would have a counter play and bring it back. The suspense of who was going to win was tearing me up inside I felt like I was being eaten alive by a swarm of giant beetles.

I had to go pee but my legs would not let me get up and go to the bathroom. It was like I was in a trance I could not think the only thing that was on my mind was the game. My favorite player was really doing good his name was Emmit Smith was running the ball like crazy he is an unstoppable force it took at least two people to take him down. He was stiff arming everyone it was like he was impossible to stop. Troy Aikman knew were to throw the ball who to give the ball to and when to run he knew how to do his job. Together they were unstoppable nobody could keep track of were Aikman was going to throw it and nobody could keep Emmit from getting a first down or even more.

It was the final quarter as the teams lined and up got ready for the hike the crowd went quiet. It was the cowboys ball they lined up Troy Aikman was ready to have the ball handed to him They were down by one field goal but everybody knew they were not going to go for the tie. They hiked the ball and as everybody thought Aikman was going to go for a long pass but he threw a short pass to Emmit and he ran it in for a 10 yard touchdown. The crowd went wild the cowboys won and I could finally go pee.

1 comment:

Writer said...

Tyler! I can tell you really worked on imagery! Your first paragraph is my favorite!

"I could feel my heart racing there was so much noise but I could not hear any of it . It was as if the world stood still and I could only focus on the game. I could only feel two things the coldness of my Gatorade and the vibrations from all the people screaming."

You really took us there. Keep it up. I look forward to seeing what else you can do with words.

Ms. L