Thursday, April 16, 2009

Getting to Know You by: Cooper Bateman

A lot of boys my age are into their rap or even their country but none of that is for me. My favorite type of music would have to be a mixture of alternative, pop, and indie. Ranging from artist like The Fratellis, Hot Club de Paris, and Catch 22. But overall my favorite song would have to be from artist, Franz Ferdinand, titled, “No you Girls.” It was first featured in the newest iPod touch commercial and has been one of the bands biggest hits since. The song has an upbeat tempo with catchy lyrics putting me into a good mood whenever I listen to it. You could really listen to this song whenever you want but for me it’s when I’m just having fun and everything’s cool.
My partner, Tyler Foss’s, favorite song is, “Chelsea Smiles”, by Bring Me the Horizon. The song also goes along with his favorite genre of music, screamo. You can barely understand the lyrics and he says that’s why he likes it. He says that when he listens to it it makes him feel like he wants to punch a baby in the face? When he listens’s to that kind of music or his favorite song, “Chelsea Smiles”, it reminds him of mosh pits and loud concerts.
Music means a lot to me and I listen to it wherever I go. Cranking the tunes on my pod’s the way I roll. I listen to types of music that not a lot of people do listen to and that’s how I like it. I have been around music my whole life and hope it will last. My family is into a lot of different genres of music so I have heard everything. My dad and his seventies, mom and her Jason Mraz, sister with her Keith Urban, and my other sister with the Hannah Montana and the Joe Bro’s.. Some I like and others I don't at all.

No comments: