Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Advice #12

I love my best friend to death but sometimes she just does things that irritate me. It’s like she always has to be right, like if I tell her something interesting but maybe I mention something that was incorrect, she will be sure to correct me. It could be in a nice way but it just ends up me feeling stupid. It’s hard to explain but I don’t really want to be around someone who makes me feel that way. I don’t want to stop completely being her friend but I want some things to change.

Other than that, she’s also very opinionated. I know that everyone has their opinion and should be free to say it, but with her sometimes it just gets to the point where it’s annoying. I mean if we think different things about something, she’ll just keep fighting until everyone else agrees with her, and if they don’t she’ll pout or something. It’s kind of obnoxious. I know it’s hard to understand but I can’t stand this! I hate it when I can’t state my own opinion without being totally judged for it. I don’t want to make her sound like a total horrible person, cause she’s not. I would tell her about it but I don't want her to be offended! I just need some advice for what to do with this situation!

Sincerely,
#12

5 comments:

Writer said...

One of my friends and I have been through this too! We solved it by just pulling eachother aside and I told her exactly how we felt. I wasn't mean about it but I did tell her how I felt. She understood and it turns out I was doing somethings that were driving her crazy too! We worked on these problems and now we are as close as ever. I'm sure your friend will respect that you would rather work through your problems than just throw away your whole friendship. Good luck!
-No. 27

Writer said...

i have had the same problem.before. the way that i fixed it was i just talked to the person that was buging me. talk to that person and let them no how you feel dont keep it inside let it out. tell them because if you dont its just going to get worse they will respect you for what you have to say if there a real friend.sincerly, NO.26

Writer said...

No. 9
What I suggest is slowly become friends with a different group. Still talk to her and still be friends with her, but when you have the chance talk to other people. I recently went through something like this and I found a different group of friends and it was the best decision I have ever made. I hope you can do the right thing!

Writer said...

Dear #12
My advice would be to just ask her nicely to stop or just point it out to her. This happened to me and one of my friends. Just don't let it build up in side because that’s what I did. And that just spells disaster. Just one day after she has done it to you point it out and ask her as nicely as you can put it to if she could stop. I think she will listen and respect your feelings. Tell her how it makes you feel and if she says ok and forgets the next day just kind of remind her again.

Sincerely, NO 21

Writer said...

Number 12,
I am sorry about your friend. She has been doing the same to me. But you are a strong person and we can handle it. I know she is irratating you but I think what you are doing know is pretty good because you hang out with the Fabulous 5 even though she is a member of it.. You still are friends with her. I am sorry that this is happening and We hope that she can change.
Always Natalie.. I love you and I am sorry my buddy