Friday, April 24, 2009

Family Folklore~Madie Marsh

Family Folklore

Today is the day; I have been waiting for this day my entire life! We had finally arrived at the most beautiful place on earth, Jackson Lake. The sun was shining brighter than I had ever seen it, which meant we would be getting a nice tan. The second we got out of the car we dumped on gallons of sunscreen, threw on our swimsuits, and ran faster than lighting into the lake. We could’ve swum until our funerals if our stomachs could help it, but of coarse they couldn’t. Starved, we leaped out of the lake and we went to the best restaurant on the planet. Jackson Pizzeria.

In order to get to Jackson Pizzeria you have to take a simple short boat ride, or at least that’s what we thought. We went on a boat ride that was longer the plane ride to china! Not to mention the waves where bigger than big foot’s house, which meant no one felt 100 percent. At last we had arrived and we entered heaven! After spending all the money in the world on food, we waited for the boat to ride. We waited longer than a year, and the boat still wasn’t there! So we decided to improvise and did all sorts of stuff. I had so much energy I felt like I could do a million back flips! Looking over to my right I saw my sisters doing a piggy back ride. With my mischievous mind I jumped on her back like a frog, and might I say the picture was the funnier than watching Saturday night live for three hours.

After laughing our heads off, the boat finally arrived. We all felt like we were going to burst because we ate so much, but that didn’t stop us from getting the classic ice cream sundae. This sundae was bigger than three of Mount Everest’s stacked on top of each other. We ate and ate until we really were going to explode, which is when we decided to walk back to the cabin. My family and I saw billions of animals, it was so much fun! Until it of coarse started pouring. There were buckets and buckets of rain, so we started to sprint. We had run five marathons until we finally reached the cabin. We all looked like we just jumped into a pool, so we changed into warm clothes and played the funniest and most enjoyable game on this earth, signs.

You wouldn’t think we could laugh anymore after how much we had laughed that day, but we did. We were louder than a rock concert, which upset the neighbors. We got a worried call and knew that is was time to go to bed. The parents went in their cabin and the kids went in theirs. We were all more tired than a baby with no sleep, but there was no way we were going to bed just yet! We talked and talked until our voices were gone, then we finally crashed. Our parents walked in, in the morning and they said we all looked dead. I hope they never find out we were up all night long having the time of our lives.

2 comments:

Writer said...

Awee Madie i love you! and your writing your so awesome!((:

<3//aubrie p.

Writer said...

madie your writing is so awesome?



chelsee r