Thursday, April 9, 2009

Getting to Know You~ Ashlyn Stackhouse

To me music is the most amazing thing in the world, whatever mood you are in, in some way it makes your mood change. The song that changes my mood is “Five minutes to Midnight.” By Boys like Girls. With this song I can change from mad or frustrated to happy and free caring. When I listen to this song it helps me relax and think of driving to the beach in a convertible with the roof top down and the radio on. You think that is a little over the top? Well that’s what I think when I listen to that song. My step mom tells me that she can tell I am very opinionative when it comes to music, which is very true. I have my reasons why I like certain songs and I have my opinions. When I listen to this song I can’t help but think about how lucky life is, how fun life can be. “You know you wanna just let go, its time to roll down the windows, singing ‘oh oh oh’ got all we need to here we go…” Boys like girls are my all time favorite band, maybe it’s because I love rock or alternative music. But all I know is all of there songs make me think I'm capable of doing anything I want. Their songs, including my favorite one, helped me break out of my shell, I was once really shy but for some reason these songs had helped me a lot. And my dream with is song is to marry the lead singer of Boys like Girls, Martin Johnson; yeah I know it sounds weird. :)

My partner, Meghan Dow, picked “I’m Yours.” By Jason Marz, I like this song as well. Meghan told me that she loved the way the song makes her feel, knowing Meghan this song explains how happy and bubbly she is. “My breath fogged up the glass, so I drew a new face and laughed.” She said that is her favorite line from the song. When she listens to this song she think of her friends and how lucky she is to have such awesome friends. She loves listening to it after school to calm down from the stress.

Both of your songs are alike in a way, they both make us relax and clam down. Even though they are two different types of music the both have the same affect on us. To us music helps us though hard times or stressed times, we just listen to our favorite song and clam down or if we just want to listen because we are already happy and want to hear the song. But either way we both know that music is important to us, no matter what kind. Music is a way of specking your mind and telling the world what you have to say, but in a way that people will love. Music means the world to me and others around the world, no matter what kind of music it is, it always helps.

5 comments:

moo! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Writer said...

Ashlyn, you are an amazing writer! Good Job! I liked how you set up your paragraphs.
~Meg D.

Writer said...

ASHLYN!! that is adorable! i feel the same way about my favorite song. my favorite song makes me feel like i mean something to someone. it doesn't matter if its my boyfriend or my friends. even if i know that my family loves me it helps. i love what you said that they are your favorite band of all time! i thought that was funny! lol! i love you ashlyn and your writing!

Writer said...

Hi Ashlyn,

Thanks for your work! I really liked this sentence, "Music is a way of specking your mind and telling the world what you have to say."

Ms L.

Writer said...

Hey Ashlyn
I Love this song and your writing........................................You Rock.........~Laura