Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"Metaphor Madness" by Mariana Martinez

My Life Is a Rainbow


My life is a rainbow. The rainbow has its ups and downs. I have my ups and downs to everyone has ups and downs. When I make mistakes I slide down the rainbow very slowly.But when I fix my mistakes, or do something good ,or better I move up the rainbow. The rainbow is filled with joy. It is bright and it stands out. The rainbow has many moods. Each color of the rainbow represent a different mood. When I'm sad I'm blue,when I'm happy I am yellow.

My last day at riverbank was really sad . I went down the rainbow very fast. I was upset because I was leaving my friend. I knew that I would not see them again. But I was excited to see a new place. When I got home from school I was upset, but then I saw boxes in which things were being packed. At that moment I felt scared and sad as if I was going to cry. I didn't want to cry, so I didn't cry.

I was blue,sad. I went down the rainbow in a very fast speed that I couldn't stop. When I tried to stop I went even faster down the rainbow. I wanted to hide. I was becoming a rainbow. I was hiding where nobody could see me. I was dark blue with tears coming down my eyes as we left California. My friends were blue to we were three big rainbows.

1 comment:

Writer said...

Great metaphor. You are very descriptive and you made me think of new things.

-Ms. L.