I’m standing in the end zone with no one on me, staring up at the star lit sky at the football floating in the air. Three... two…there was to time on the clock as the game was coming to an end. One touch down would have the colts an astounding victory.Rewind. Two hours prior.
“Welcome to Colts Stadium on this beautiful evening to watch the Cottonwood Colts match up against East Leopards” said the announcer. “And here we go.”
The opening kickoff signified the start of the game and the fans were screaming in excitement as if it were the super bowl. Nerves ran up my back as I watched the kickoff and heard the screams from the sidelines waiting for my chance on the field. The Colts received the ball with a return to the fourty and the offense was set for the field. As I made my way into the huddle, being attentive as I listen for the play, we broke and set the immovable line. The cadence was yelled by the paramount quarter back ready to try his best to lead the Colts to an astonishing victory.
At the end of the first half the Colts were down by a touchdown as they were hanging their heads heading into the locker room. The coach noticed this and took it into matter. As he came into the locker room he catapulted a chair across the room as it collapsed against the wall. Every players head was up now looking front and center at the coach. After a hope lifting pep talk the team ran out of the locker room more energized and focused on their goal to win than ever before.
The fans added in too. There was an uproar from the stands as the team entered the field getting them even more ready for the rest of the game to come. The Leopards had control of the ball at the start of the second half having a fourteen yard, six play drive, but the triumphant Colts came up with an imposing stop. Then regaining control of the ball the Colts took no time to put points on the board. After a painful first half the colts had wrangled back to tie the game.
With the fourth quarter just ready to begin the score was still tied, now bringing pressure to both teams. The quarter wore on and so did the players who were in it to grudge it out to the very end. It was now the closing two minutes of the game with the score still tied with the Colts with the ball on their own twenty yard line. Now, this moment is what every team practices for, a chance for victory. This possession of downs took the colts all the way to their opponent’s fifteen yard line with the clock winding down. A timeout was hurried and called with three seconds on the clock and the winning play was now being drawn up on the sideline. The huddle was now rejoined with the quarterback and I right in the middle. The final play was set to begin as the quarterback again called out the cadence.
“SET… HIT!” he called. And here we go.
I ran my route to the corner of the end zone and...
Present time.
I’m standing in the end zone with no one on me, staring up at the star lit sky at the football floating in the air. Three... two…there was to time on the clock as the game was coming to an end. One touch down would have the colts an astounding victory.
3 comments:
Ha ha ha Cooper...
Your a good writer.
I got bored and decided to comment cause I love you(as a friend)
Ha but anyways i like how put a lot of emotion in this..
Not a lot of guys do that. Well i like it((:
<3//aubrie p.
I liked your writing alot. I was lost in your hypnotizing words. And also the picture does not look to star lit it looks sunny
Jamal Al-ani
you look good today
like always :)
Post a Comment