"Eep!" someone shrieks in excitement. Today is the day when we finally get our costumes. For 2 1/2 months we had been rehearsing and the costumes meant so much more than just something to wear. They were beautiful rewards for all of our hard work. "They're gorgeous," Brooklyn says from the front of the line. I try to catch a glance by leaning forward, but with no luck, I am just too far back in the line. The line moves up one person, and then two, butterflies explode from my stomach. I am so excited! Moments tick by, each one seeming to pass much slower than the last. I see other cast members dancing around in their prizes. I become even more excited, so excited that, "Eep!" I have become one of the happy shriekers.-
The moment is finally here when the person in front of me receives their beautiful dress. Now it's my turn. "Meghan, hmmm let's see. Ah, here we are!" Leslie says as she sorts through all of the silk dresses. She hands me my dress and I am in awe at its beauty. The silk tickles the tips of my fingers as well as its vibrant red color tickles my mind, is it really mine? I tell myself that it is and skip off with a quick "Thank you!" to Leslie. As soon as I am out of the way I do not waste a moment, I slip on my kimono, not even bothering to take off my jacket first. As soon as it's on I begin to dance around in it, but soon I find myself bumping into someone. At first I am angry that someone would disrupt my dance, but then I realize that it is my friend Amanda and we begin dancing around together in our costumes. We finally stop when we see someone pulling out their phone to take a picture of their own costume. "Ooh! Take a picture of me please," Amanda asks excitedly as I pull my phone out of my bag. "Alright," I answer and just as I'm about to take the picture Silvana sees Amanda posing. "Me too!" she shouts as if she's across the room rather than right next to us. "Alright,” and I scoot back a few feet so that I may fit both of them in the picture. Amanda, dramatically, looks off into the distance and Silvana does the same, but right at the last second as my phone says, "Cheese!" she pulls a sassy smile. "Tada!" I say as I show them the picture. I was proud of my work and thought that it was a pretty good picture, but you know girls. Amanda and Silvana threatened to delete it for reasons I couldn't understand. After a chase through the auditorium and their attempt to corner me, I ended up hiding my phone in my backpack.
-
-
Just the other day I was going through my pictures with Amanda and this one came up. She told me it was an awesome picture. I wonder if she remembers how much she disliked it.
7 comments:
This is totally awesome! I love how everything is so despcriptive =D
~callie j.
THIS IS AWESOME! I love how you described the silk dress. I can just imagine the feel of it against my fingertips:) great job
-Cami B.
Wow Meghan yours is so good! I love how you put in quotes of what the people were saying, it made the whole thing even better.
-Michaela
its great Meg! and I guess I liek the picture now....even thought i hated it at that moment! I just thought I looked weird :P great job!
<3 Silvana
Meghan,
I fell the same exact way at dance. Learning our whole dance show for months and then finally getting out outfits. whether they or cute or not it still is a great day. You are such a good writer.
~natalie s.
Meghan,
I fell the same exact way at dance. Learning our whole dance show for months and then finally getting out outfits. whether they or cute or not it still is a great day. You are such a good writer.
~natalie s.
I totally remember that day and I loved it! You described them so well! Heck yes they were gorgeous! Love ya!
~Brooklyn~
Post a Comment