It was a chilly fall afternoon. Actually, it was last fall. I was at Wheeler Farm with my sister, Breanna, and my friend, Kalo. We were there because my sister is in a photography class and had an assignment to take pictures of architecture and she thought it would be cool to get a couple shots of some of the old buildings at Wheeler Farm. We also walked around for a little bit. We looked at the some of the animals. I brought a camera too, but I was taking pictures of us, rather than architecture.
The wind was blowing softly through the trees, rattling the dead fallen leaves as it passed. The sky was clear and blue, with white clouds like cotton candy. We walked around laughing and taking pictures. There was hardly anyone there and everything felt calm and quiet, other than us running around like crazy people. After we took enough pictures of the architecture, we continued across the bridge to go to the tree. That tree has been around a long time, I have been climbing on it since I was little. Although you can’t see the whole tree, it extends on out on the other side behind the large trunk. That tree is packed with memories for me. I used to go to Wheeler Farm with my cousins a lot when I was little, and we would play games at the tree. We played house, in the little playhouse next to the tree, we played tag and hide and seek, and of course, we climbed the tree. Not all of the memories of the tree are good. I remember when I was little, trying to follow my older brother when he was climbing a part of the tree that was kind of high for a little girl. The sprinklers were going and the tree was slick, wet, and slippery. You can probably guess what happened but I will tell you anyway. I fell out of the tree. Yeah, it hurt pretty badly but it didn’t stop me from climbing that tree a billion more times.
Back to the present time the picture was taken. It was really chilly, and the wind whipped around wildly. The cold did not stop us from having a good time though. Kalo, Breanna, and I climbed around in the tree and took pictures of each other. It reminded me of all the times I had climbed that tree when I was little. It’s a really good climbing tree because it has a lot of branches that go out in different directions. It was fun but of course my sister was in a hurry to take more pictures for her class, so we didn't stay at the old climbing tree for long. Kalo and I were messing around a lot and Breanna kept trying to get us to hurry up so we could go somewhere else to take pictures but we continued to go through, the farm, and stopped and pet a cow that smelt bad, like animal manure. It was fun and I love the pictures that I got as a result of going there.
When Should I Repot My Fiddle Leaf Fig
2 years ago
2 comments:
Michaela you are very good at giving detail everytime you write, good job!!
Jessica Quiroz
Awesome job! I loved how you talked about the wind rattling the leaves!
~Meg D.
Post a Comment