Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"Family Folklore" by Nicholas Peterson

The wind was blowing hard in this ghost town that we walked through. This abandoned town seemed to be alive. The swinging door's on the old saloon creaked open and shut. Every time the wind picked up and the dust flew around us it seemed as if there really were ghosts dancing around the town they knew as home. A small eerie sensation fell upon me that we weren't wanted here. We continued to walk and then suddenly we heard a sound we stop and listened again. It sounded like a scream from a little girl but little did we know that the ghost were luring us into their trap. As we walked to where we thought we heard it everything changed.


Everything was getting worse by the second, winds started to pick up and my life flashed before my eyes. I could swear I could feel something touch my face. We started to run but as we started we found our selves tripping over our own feet. Why was this horror coming upon us what had we done? The only thing that we new was we had to get out of this town and fast. We ran for what seemed to be an eternity but when we got back we knew we would be safe for at least the night. I could barely sleep as what had happened to us kept replaying in my mind, Horror!



I woke up the next morning in shock. I had actually slept through the whole night without even waking up once. My parents went their day like nothing had happened was I going crazy was it all a dream. No because it couldn't be a dream I asked about it but the only answer I got was we went to a ghost town and nothing happened. It had to be a dream well oh well I just didn't think about it till later that day.


We decided to go to an old graveyard and thats when I thought about it. What if it happened again then I would know that it wasn't. So we went on our day going to the graveyard. As I walked around I heard a rattle that sounded like a bush so I passed it by until it did it again. I looked over and I saw a HUGE rattle snake. I started to run and told my dad he didn't believe me until I showed him we took a picture and left right away I guess it was just a dream the other day but it still happened in my mind.

No comments: