Thursday, January 22, 2009

"Getting to Know You" By Edelweiss Torres

The song that I chose was "Pop" by Nsync. I don't like the song anymore, but I loved it when I was about 8 or 9. This song is important to me because it reminds me of my childhood that I still remember. They lyrics however have no special meaning to me. Just the song itself reminds me of my childhood. The genre I think is Pop. Haha. The band was popular when I was little, so that's how I found out about it. The genre does matter for the song. It's an upbeat song, so if it was country, it wouldn't be a good song at all. (My opinion.) This song reminds me of when I would go over to my cousins house and play, and jump on their trampoline. It sometimes reminds me of when my family goes camping too. When my family goes camping I used to listen to the Nsync cd in my cd player on the way to our camping spot. In class I got to interview another student about their favortie song and why it's important.

The person I interviewed was Brad. He chose the song "Let It Be" by The Beatles. I asked him how the song made him feel when he listened to it and he said it made him feel peaceful. Brad said that the song was saying to bring peace to the world and he liked the genre because it was 'peaceful'. I asked him if one part of the song was more important than the other parts and he said the chorus was important. He discovered this song because the Beatles were popular, and his sister likes the Beatles and listens to them. I asked him if the song was important to his family and he said no. Brad's favorite part of the song is the chorus because it's peaceful, and it says "Let It Be."

Everybody has a song that they like, or is important to them. Our songs were different and similar in a way. It's interesting to find out what a persons favorite song is and learn more about the song and the person.

No comments: