Sunday, January 11, 2009

Life is Like a Game Board By: Cami Packard

Life is like a Game Board

In life we are supposed to follow "the path." We all start on the same path and later may choose to follow a different path. To stay on the right path, we have to make the right choices. Some of the choices we make can make us fall when we were doing so good, and living the high side of life. One wrong choice can change you whole life. Like on a game board to get to the end, you usually have to sacrifice things, go through good and bad, and take chances. It tries to trick you by putting these blockades to stop you from you success, like the world today. There are so many things on this earth, like the game board, that try to stop us from getting to the end. What path will you choose? People playing this game board, can choose to win "fair and square", or cheat for their success. It is your choice to decide, what you will choose.

In my life I have taken many chances. When I have taken these chances, occasionally I get in trouble. I then try to start back fresh, choosing the right paths, but then suddenly I do something else. At times it was really hard for me to try and get back on the right path. There are so many influences on this game board that try to lead you the wrong way. Just from choosing what kind of friends you hang out with. Even just by choosing what I am going to wear. Every time I lower my standards, I can feel myself straying farther and farther from the pathway. Someone inside me is telling me to go back and live my life the way it was before this. At the same time as I am listening to myself, I keep trudging through the dark and lonely forest. I wish I had my old friends, and go back to life the way it used to be. Times have changed, and I know they won’t accept me. For I have new “friends.” I am not sure if they even care. Right now I just have me, and that’s all.

Slowly someone inside myself tells me, I need to go back, to how it used to be. With friends who cared about me, where the sun shines brightly, and there was life brought back in me. I start running home just like a bullet, being shot out of a gun. Through the scary, dark forest, running faster and faster every time I touched the light ground. I am going back home, where there is the straight and narrow path, where I belong. Though I have needed to be placed here so many times before, through all my struggles and hardships, there is always room for me here. You have unlimited times to get back on. The hard part is to not stray to far, or you won’t find you way back, to this path, the path where you belong.

No comments: