Taylor Ashton
Period: 4th
I woke up at about seven in the morning witch is early for me on a beautiful summer Saturday. My dad, sister, cousins, and I were going on a camping trip for a week. My uncle Mark arrived with one of my cousins, Drew. Drew has been one of the closest cousins to me. When they arrived it took at least two hours to load everything and get breakfast at Mc. Donald’s. Then we headed to an Albertsons, to wait for some of my other relatives. At first we thought it would be a short wait, but we were wrong. We went in the store and looked at all sorts of things; we grabbed my sister’s ball and started throwing it around. Eventually they arrived. I was excited to see more cousins that I had already known and some I haven’t met. I saw my uncle Pat, some more of my cousins (Ashley, Heather, and Ryan) and also got to see my aunt Linda again. After that we headed for our camp spot.
It had taken such a long time that almost everyone had fallen asleep in my dads car, luckily my dad didn’t fall asleep cause he was driving and that could have been misfortunate. Even though I had fallen asleep, it still took a very long time to get there. When I woke up, Drew was up looking for deer. We opened the windows and stuck our heads out. My dad was driving pretty fast so it felt good. After a long while, we got to the camping spot and there were even more of my cousins there! My dad introduced Drew and I to everyone else. Unfortunately, after all the introductions were finished, Drew and I, along with my dad and my uncle Mark, had to put up the tent. I kept complaining to my dad because you can take your pick: Either put up a tent with one of your parents and an uncle, or… go four-wheeling with your cousins. We ended up putting the tent up. While I was there I did some awesome things, I went four-wheeling and that was really cool… except all the big bugs, I went river rafting, I got to see Flaming Gorge from a distance, met new cousins, and also some great camp fires (which smell delicious).
Sadly, another tough morning at six o’ clock morning, the fun had to end and everybody had to go home. We all said our good-byes, which were 20 minutes long, then started home. The way home seemed a lot shorter than the way up. When we got home, I went back into bed to make up for the sleep I had never finished.
Labels: Family Folklore
When Should I Repot My Fiddle Leaf Fig
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment