Thursday, January 22, 2009

"Getting to Know You" by Kelsey Haydock

Have you ever had a song that is really important to you? Well I have a song that I really love. My song is called "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen. I really love older songs. This song is really important to me because when I was younger, whenever my family went on vacation we would play "Queen." I hold this memory very dear to me. This is also the reason why it is my favorite song. This song helps me by chearing me up when I am down, and get away from the world. Many people think that older music is boring and stupid, but I think that the genre doesn't matter. As long as you like a perticular song nothing else matters. Song have a way of moving a persons emotions. Those emotions can not be touched by anyone unless you welcome them in, that is one way songs help you get through the day. I interviewed Silvana and she agrees.

Everyone loves different songs. For example Silvana Huerta loves the song "You Belong With Me" by Taylor Swift. My song and her song is totally different. Silvana says "This song makes me fell wonderous and I can also feel a lot of different emotions when I am listening to this song." I also asked her what does this song represent? "Well it's about a guy that likes a girl who wear high heals and mini skirts but I understand you. Even though we are different I understand you and I want to be your friend. That is what this song represents." All different songs help you in different ways Silvana's song helps her feel really good about herself and gets her feeling better if she is having a really bad day. There are differences and simlarities in every song, so Silvana and I compared our songs to see what they had incomon and what was different. Differences-The genre, the meaning behind the song, what the song means to both of us, and different artists. Simlarities-Both happy, very up-beat songs, they are both dancable, and both have a meaning and a message behind it.

Songs are different to everyone...even if you both love the same song. Some people don't want other people to know that they like country, rap, hip-hop, or any other genre, but you can't be ashamed of what you like so be happy and hold your head up high. Songs are a misterious, but you can be too.

No comments: